Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best Assassin leveling spec?

mkster
03.14.2012 , 07:33 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Isaccard View Post
Do I want to keep this mentality at 50 and beyond?
yes pretty much, read my other post above :P

StewyG
03.14.2012 , 07:48 PM | #22
I think going Madness all the way with dark charge is great. You can survive fairly well as well as doing nice damage.
Cleveland-50 Assassin
Merneptah-50 Sniper
Mae'fole-50 Vanguard
The Alobad Legacy

mkster
03.14.2012 , 09:43 PM | #23
To StewyG

idk i havent tried that actually.

Ive always run deception or darkness. Madness looks like its fairly viable, but with dark charge it prohibits the use of some of the vital madness abilities.

Bloody_Niner
03.15.2012 , 02:27 AM | #24
Ive played full madness till lvl 30 and had zero problems. Was alot of fun!

At 30 i noticed khem started to fall too quick and when playing with Andronikus its like him or me half health down after a fight. Whoever had the aggro.

Then i tried full darkness build and well... it just isnt my playstyle. Hitting like 2,3 buttons and wearing down enemies is not the view i have from assassins. I never would say darkness is in any way weak, just wasnt the right thing for me (i m even sure i play darkness far from optimal)

Switched back to madness, tried to play a bit better (i know i m not a good player^^), took a closer look at khems equipment (which i hadnt spent much thought before) and it works again for me. Madness is just much more fun for my playstyle.

Just an info that madness can work as well while leveling. At least till the mid 30s as i m not higher.

Deathstingg
03.15.2012 , 03:43 AM | #25
I leveled deception till 23, i have little problems with packs of weak mobs with high burst and low downtime, but i tend to get in trouble on elite boss fights and if khem dies (that happens often) or i steal aggro from him i have not much time left to get boss down before getting pwned, i really felt like a glass cannon so i just respecced into madness but haven't tried yet.

Mondavian
03.15.2012 , 09:21 AM | #26
Mkster,

Thank you so much for all of your help and thorough descriptions, they're greatly appreciated!

toshman
03.15.2012 , 09:24 AM | #27
deception with talos.

LordbishopX
03.15.2012 , 09:32 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by StewyG View Post
I think going Madness all the way with dark charge is great. You can survive fairly well as well as doing nice damage.

Really Dark charge mode is only needed on elites once your dots are up on multiple mobs the healing is pretty sick and normal strong mobs die pretty fast once you get death field of course.

Also madness isn't bad at all in Dark Charge mode better def aoe damage/heals works great vs trash and elites.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀}╠╬[<BishopX>]╬╣{▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Bangkey
03.15.2012 , 05:02 PM | #29
Yeah i just hit 33 on my Assassin and i was using deception and realized that i just couldnt stay alive any more. switched to darkness and ***** back to being easy. i stopped using Khem and started using Andronikos and Azhara to dps while i tank. i highly recommend going darkness after 30