Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Did plagueis the wise Create Anakin Skywalker?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Did plagueis the wise Create Anakin Skywalker?

hattertea
03.15.2012 , 10:03 AM | #11
Anakin did bring balance to the force technically, its just the Jedi misunderstood balance as "wiping out all those evil sith"

Anakin allowed for a magnitude of jedi to be slain, until only two-ish remained and two-ish sith remained.

Yoda, Obi-wan
Palpatine, Vader

"C2-N2 - The only thing that crits is his voice in your earchannel!"

ErikModi
03.15.2012 , 10:23 AM | #12
First, balance in the Force DOES NOT MEAN balance in number of Force-users. The Force is far more than those who wield it.

Second, I believe Lucas himself has stated that Plaugeis had nothing to do with Anakin's birth, that he was conceived wholly by the will of the Force.
Jedi vs. Sith, Page 97, column 2, paragraph 4, line 1:

Prior to the Battle of Ruusan, the Jedi used crystals from many different sources, and ignited lightsabers in every known hue, including purple, orange, and gold.

Solbjorn
03.15.2012 , 10:26 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TheLonelyTusken View Post
Medichlorians aren't really thinking, in that sense, more like cells kind of.

It's heavily implied that either Darth Plagueis or Darth Sidious created Anakin through the manipulation of the medichlorians, while Shmi Skywalker was traveling to Tatooine. I don't know if they weren't aware of the Jedi prophecy about the chosen one being conceived from the force, but they went a long with it anyways and created Anakin.
According to the Book of Sith in Plagueis's writtings he was well aware of the jedi prophecy. He wanted to eventually create a powerful force user out of thin air, what he explains in detail is exactly how Anakin came to be which is why I personally began to think he could have created anakin, inorder to fool the jedi into training that person. But since the created person was Plageuis's, he intended on him becoming an agent of the dark side.

Ch_Zero
03.15.2012 , 11:06 AM | #14
ooooooooh!

very interesting!

grania
03.15.2012 , 12:17 PM | #15
I'd like to learn more about Anakin's immaculate conception myself, so I find this discussion interesting. I only know from what they tell us in the movies, and it seemed to me that Anakin turned dark from the anguish of leaving his mother behind as a slave, and then becoming obsessed with Padme on top of that.

If he was predisposed to becoming dark because of things that happened in other sources I'd be a bit disappointed, because I'm fond of the idea of Anakin's mother-issues related fall.
--,-'-{## ##}-'-,--
"Mama, I dies your character, sorree!"

DarkCelestial
03.15.2012 , 12:29 PM | #16
Plagueis used some sith ritual to take control of the force but only succeeded in limiting the jedi's ability to draw on the light side of the force. From that moment the Dark side was naturally more powerful than the Light side. This disturbed the balance of the force. The force did not like that so basically the force created Anakin to bring back balance or return the force to its original state.
a.k.a. kill Palpatine and Plagueis
"I fight for the future…and the future is NOW!"

crognus
03.15.2012 , 12:34 PM | #17
In "Vader: The Ultimate Guide" it is stated "Plagueis could save others from death and, when his power was applied to the extreme, create new life from the midi-chlorians found in all lifeforms."

In the novel "Star Wars: Darth Plagueis" when Plagueis and Sidious learn of Anakin Skywalker, and that he was born of the force and had no father(Plagueis was still alive when Qui-Gon found him), they hypothesize that it was due to their experimentation with resurrection and messing with the force. Plagueis had been killing and resurrecting apprentices.
Look at the size of that thing!

Tuscad
03.15.2012 , 01:00 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Ch_Zero View Post
And is that why he later was influenced by the dark side so strongly?
It is never stated, but it is strongly hinted. In my personal opinion, yes, Plagueis created Anakin and that is why Palpatine immediately took an interest in Anakin at the end of The Phantom Menace.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

Ch_Zero
03.15.2012 , 01:03 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkCelestial View Post
Plagueis used some sith ritual to take control of the force but only succeeded in limiting the jedi's ability to draw on the light side of the force. From that moment the Dark side was naturally more powerful than the Light side. This disturbed the balance of the force. The force did not like that so basically the force created Anakin to bring back balance or return the force to its original state.
a.k.a. kill Palpatine and Plagueis
HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS!?

Sources!?

:O

Tuscad
03.15.2012 , 01:12 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Ch_Zero View Post
HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS!?

Sources!?

:O
The ritual part probably came from the book Darth Plagueis and as for the force part I agree with him about it making use of Anakin to kill Palpatine, I disagree with him that it was the force that soley created Anakin, Plagueis very likely manipulated the force to achieve this. From what I have gathered the Force is basically a living thing that has a will. The force is the strangest thing ever.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade