Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pre order code already in use?

kishe
12.13.2011 , 03:29 PM | #31
FYI: The message about not having active subscription means THEY HAVE NOT ACTIVATED YOUR EARLY ACCESS YET, IF YOU HAVE TYPED IN YOUR EARLY ACCESS CODE YOU WILL NOT NEED ANY FURTHER CODES BEFORE 20TH.

SingedSalvation
12.13.2011 , 03:43 PM | #32
Does anyone know if, when we set up the subscription on the 21st( or 20th) for subscriptions, if we need to use the same credit card we used to purchase the game? If I want to juggle things around ( or even just get a longer subscription, if the game is fun) can I use a second credit card for the subscription instead of the one used to buy the game?

kishe
12.13.2011 , 03:46 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by SingedSalvation View Post
Does anyone know if, when we set up the subscription on the 21st( or 20th) for subscriptions, if we need to use the same credit card we used to purchase the game? If I want to juggle things around ( or even just get a longer subscription, if the game is fun) can I use a second credit card for the subscription instead of the one used to buy the game?
I'm pretty sure that any valid creditcard will do.

dfkelba
12.14.2011 , 08:43 AM | #34
The Dev's response did not cover Origin orders...I purchased online. I won't be getting a box...

Sipoflight
12.14.2011 , 08:53 AM | #35
Quote:
The Dev's response did not cover Origin orders...I purchased online. I won't be getting a box...
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
(or have it emailed to you if you purchased via Origin.com).

Hope that helps!

Pretty sure that does cover it

wattzz
12.14.2011 , 06:34 PM | #36
ya same thing, I entered the pre order code on the SWTOR site after I purchased a digital copy from orion. I downloaded the client a few days ago, weeks after I pre ordered and entered the code. Now the client is also stating to me that I have no active subscription. When I clicked on the link to set up my account the 3-5 Q&A portion was filled out. I filled out my contact info on the 2nd part. The 3rd part asked for the me to "Redeem my product code" It told me that the code was already in use. I was worried as well, till I found this thread.

Seems like this is the way they are holding people back who have not gained early access via emails yet. Wish it was just a little bit more explained, lots of people are eager to play this , and have been for years. So this made me feel like I had to call customer service,which is always fun. But wasn't sure if it was due to no early game email yet. Guess it is.

If this wall of text helped at least one person, it was worth it.

bobopedic
12.15.2011 , 11:42 AM | #37
same prob here i hope u guys are right :/

Rolfyto
12.16.2011 , 01:23 AM | #38
I got an email saying "Your Saga Begins - Your wait is over!

The moment we've all been waiting for is finally here. Early Game Access* has started, and you can now begin your adventure. To start playing, click on the button below and follow the steps outlined on the page. Welcome to your Star Wars™ saga."

Then it gives me a link instructing me to the security questions, etc. But I am also having the problem with registering my preorder key. So, I've got the "You have early access" email, but I dont have early access? Has been the case since 7pm. I was on hold for customer service for two hours and 45 minutes, only to have them tell me "Dis is da first time I hear dis prolem. If you kind open ticket by email." and basically told me he didn't know what was wrong and neither did anyone else.

Preordered on November 30th digital copy. Interestingly, the game DOES appear in my origin client. But it's marked as unreleased.

Just a little info, I guess I'll check it in the morning. Glad to see I'm not the only one!

Starwaster
12.16.2011 , 04:28 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Rolfyto View Post
I got an email saying "Your Saga Begins - Your wait is over!

The moment we've all been waiting for is finally here. Early Game Access* has started, and you can now begin your adventure. To start playing, click on the button below and follow the steps outlined on the page. Welcome to your Star Wars™ saga."

Then it gives me a link instructing me to the security questions, etc. But I am also having the problem with registering my preorder key. So, I've got the "You have early access" email, but I dont have early access? Has been the case since 7pm. I was on hold for customer service for two hours and 45 minutes, only to have them tell me "Dis is da first time I hear dis prolem. If you kind open ticket by email." and basically told me he didn't know what was wrong and neither did anyone else.

Preordered on November 30th digital copy. Interestingly, the game DOES appear in my origin client. But it's marked as unreleased.

Just a little info, I guess I'll check it in the morning. Glad to see I'm not the only one!
Support doesn't know what's wrong because NOTHING IS WRONG. STOP TRYING TO ENTER YOUR PREORDER KEY BECAUSE YOU ALREADY ENTERED IT. (otherwise you would NEVER have received an email granting you early access)

Just run the launcher and play the game.

(and yes, it's normal for Origin to say the game is unreleased)

EDIT: Ok, I'm sorry, I just re-read my own EA email and I can kind of see how people are getting confused. Bioware shouldn't have sent that email the way they did and they shouldn't have linked this: http://www.swtor.com/early-access because it's horribly misleading. It's best to think of that page as a checklist, and most of us have already carried out the steps on that page. For instance, the person I was replying to has obviously already carried out #1 and #2 (pre ordered AND redeemed the code) and hopefully already downloaded and installed the client so they probably do have to do nothing more than launch the game and login.
It was even scarier when the 3 other controllers on the Team would lock me down and their big "[censored] South-Park Satan" of a BurnTanker would lumber his way over to me and squeeze out a hot karl on my head that melted me down like I was a Hellion."
-- City of Heroes forum quote.