Scoundrels are a bunch of cowards...

MashTactics

... or so General Chat likes to remind me every morning.

I haven't been playing my Scoundrel long. In fact, I just hit 50 last Tuesday. Since then, I have been PvPing like a madman, and I'm 4 short ranks from Battlemaster.

Apparently my week of PvPing was more than enough time to get under people's skin, however. I am not a popular guy on my server. Evidently being an opportunistic douche will not make you many friends.

That being said, I do very well. I always get top three damage, getting top damage most of the time. Considering that I'm fighting amidst this new tidal wave of Battlemasters and War Heroes, I'd say that's pretty good.

I pick my fights carefully. I look for stragglers, people with half-health, etc, and I WILL pop my DA to get out of a hairy situation. Does that make me a noob? According to half the butthurt Sorcs on my server, it indeed does.

What do you guys think? Am I in the wrong here? Should I adamantly stick out every losing battle in some attempt to retain my 'honor'? (as some dick in General put it.)

Does anyone else have conversations like this? Please tell me I'm not alone here.

haha...there's nothing more hated then a scoundrel :D

I mean come on, they think they survived...or that they could win that 1v1 battle they are having, or they could just get a 'little more damage in' before they go heal.

then *queue sound of shotgun*

lmao, I'm hated, and just about every scoundrel is.

People hate this class, it's a fact. You can have all the skill in the world and you'll still be considered "cheap," people will still try to call you out if you vanish during a fight, even though sometimes it's essential.

You can put up 500k damage on any given day and people will still fail to admit that you contributed in any way to the Warzone. We are arguably the worst ball carriers in the game, so I spend most of my time focusing down healers and assisting other people, but 90% of the time it goes completely unnoticed.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Scoundrel, and maybe it's just my server, but people genuinely seem to not respect our class.

I'm no PvP'er, but I know that it's about winning a battle.

IF everyone who PvP'ed was all 'Well, that was a good match my man, how about another?' then things would be different. But it's about 'taking out the other guy', you will do that any way you can.

It doesn't make you a douche, it makes you good at your class. You should have a go at Sorcerers for healing, coz that's just annoying! *roll eyes*

We fight dirty. What's the big deal?

We're squishy. We can't hold still and take damage. We have to use the advantage of stealth. So why play fair?

To be honest, I know how those sorcs feel. Back in WoW, I hated rogues, too (I was a hunter). But whining isn't a solution. You have to learn how to fight them. Ask your scoundrel/operative friend how he fights. Duel him all day. L2P :)

We fight dirty. What's the big deal?

We're squishy. We can't hold still and take damage. We have to use the advantage of stealth. So why play fair?

To be honest, I know how those sorcs feel. Back in WoW, I hated rogues, too (I was a hunter). But whining isn't a solution. You have to learn how to fight them. Ask your scoundrel/operative friend how he fights. Duel him all day. L2P :)

Lol thats what my friend and me did. He fought me for like ever and finally started to learn how to kill my class. Now it sucks cause ill fight him in Huttball and he will kill me cause he knows to just Dot me and wait. I hate him.

I used to get a bunch of angry Imps logging onto Republic toons and starting banter / hate in the fleet chat. Imps who dominate Ilum 30 - 5, but seem to lose the majority of WZ's (at peak time when we are finally able to get a team of 8 at the start).

What these outspoken people generally fail to understand is that although the Republic is the under-represented faction, Scoundrel's are the under-represented AC of an under-represented class of this under-represented faction, and make up around about 3% of the game population, and there are more Sorcerers than Gunslingers and Scoundrels combined (and somewhat the same number of Assassins).

After a really good evening where I seemed to dominate a couple of 'sins and 'orcs (dropped the s to make them even MORE evil) one of them logged onto a Rep and really laid into me. I didn't screenshot but I wish I had because it was a great conversation, not because of his dissatisfaction, but because of what came of it.

I highlighted that because there are so very few Scoundrel's of course he remembers the ***-whooping we (good ones) dish out. The fact that there are 2-3 'sins or 2-3 'orcs or 2-3 mercs per game I can't really remember which one killed me when. It all looks the same. Click, boom, bang, thwack, smack-crash is a very symbolic death by Scoundrel. Purple snare-ridden crackle-crackle-crackle could just about be anyone on their team...

Since his outburst we've been sort of friends. And he has specced the hybrid so I don't actually kill him as often now, since most of the time I'm blinded by his damned dirty bubble.

Haters gonna hate,

I can understand peoples frustration. After all you're praying on them at their weakest. But that's what the class is designed for.

I don't complain about Sorcerers not fighting me in melee "like a man" either.

If you really wanna see people complain do what I do and sneak in the PVE imp base on ilum and kill them... Really stirs up the hornets nest, and it's funny not one time have I seen an operative there lol, always sorc's and sins. Edited by auntjemimafan

People hate this class, it's a fact. You can have all the skill in the world and you'll still be considered "cheap," people will still try to call you out if you vanish during a fight, even though sometimes it's essential.

You can put up 500k damage on any given day and people will still fail to admit that you contributed in any way to the Warzone. We are arguably the worst ball carriers in the game, so I spend most of my time focusing down healers and assisting other people, but 90% of the time it goes completely unnoticed.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Scoundrel, and maybe it's just my server, but people genuinely seem to not respect our class.

People don't like stealth classes, because most people are usually terrible at MMOs and can't deal with a class that surprises them by popping out of stealth.

Is that you, Annoying? Lol.

Go heals, and everyone will love the **** out of you - or so general chat likes to remind me from time to time after a match. You're also almost impossible to kill.

I enjoy scrapping in pvp, but I find I get more medals while healing. I also love to giggle in the face of those ****** Imps while they die around me.

If you're getting heckled by Imperials in pvp, it's nothing new. We've been spanking the crap out of them lately and they're pissed. I teamed up with another Scoundrel in my guild for pvp, both of us in scrapper spec and suffice to say, we made a lot of people mad. Lots of trolling going on in WZ's.

No one likes the sneaky guys, we'll always be hated.