Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy Race Unlock Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Legacy Race Unlock Concerns

CelticMutt
03.13.2012 , 06:42 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Stepkick View Post
It really isn't about whether or not a Sith Pureblood can or cannot defect to the light side. It is more a concern for faction uniqueness. If every race can be picked by any faction, then the game loses the faction identity it created.

Surprisingly it seems more possible when talking about a defect from Republic to the Empire, since falling to the dark side is a lot easier than returning to the light side. Many of us have heard of many races of all kinds falling to the dark side, at the same time have never heard of a Sith Pureblood who was a Jedi (exception is the Jedi companion but he still remains Sith in many ways), the very name contradicts the possibility. Example: "Hi! I am a Sith Jedi? Seriously?".

Sith Purebloods have created the very foundation of the society that runs the Empire. To them it is their natural way of life. Hence, the term stems from their race's name. That being said, it would be really awkward for a Sith to be a Jedi.
The Dawn of the Jedi series has several Sith (as in the original species) Jee'dai, the precursors to the Jedi. It is some 20000-25000 years before this game, but it's there. On Tython no less.

Evgen
03.13.2012 , 07:21 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Alric_Annondu View Post
That's like not expecting a swarm of bees to come out of a hive after you punch said hive.
How do you figure that exactly? Are you saying somehow it was obvious this is what would happen? If so, my soothsaying friend, please give an example of another game where what you play determines what gets unlocked?

Sylleks
03.14.2012 , 03:53 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Saltybill View Post
the empire welcomes all you jedi races with open arms!!
I tried the Sith classes a bit, and I got totally racismed by the NPCs for choosing a race that wasn't Human or Pureblood.

Salandis
03.14.2012 , 06:02 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by MOAI View Post
I hope this is on multiple servers.
This.

Legacy levels and names are server bound, but surely, the race/ability unlocks aren't restricted by the server, right?
It would be harsh for those, like I, who have a server for their rep characters and another for their empire, if it was server bound.
- Especially since server merges and the likes haven't been implemented of yet

Guildrum
03.14.2012 , 07:44 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Salandis View Post
This.

Legacy levels and names are server bound, but surely, the race/ability unlocks aren't restricted by the server, right?
It would be harsh for those, like I, who have a server for their rep characters and another for their empire, if it was server bound.
- Especially since server merges and the likes haven't been implemented of yet
Sorry mate, it's tied to the System as far as I know. However, you can buy with in-game money (some million for each iirc) each of the unlocks, including the Human Presence unlock and the Zabrak Endurance unlock.
The Shaffer Legacy: Begeren Colony

Shaffer Lazy-eye Horace Sleth
Journalist, Pirate Bodyguard Sith

Creptman
03.14.2012 , 12:30 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by ExistingGod View Post
No, they are talking about races that you haven't been able to choose overall. And that would be crazy. You won't be running around as a Chiss smuggler, that would be crazy. So like for the Jedi side they MIGHT(Possibly) have the yoda race pick-able but I highly doubt it.
No, go watch the 1.2 Video, or watch the Guild Summit, if they have a video of it. If you make an agent or BH who's a Chiss, you can make a Chiss Smuggler. It won't make sense, but deal with it, Lol.
Rule 1: I am always correct
Rule 2: If I see to be incorrect, refer to rule 1.

VanorDM
03.14.2012 , 12:55 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Creptman View Post
you can make a Chiss Smuggler. It won't make sense
How does a Chiss smuggler not make sense?

ikinai
03.14.2012 , 01:15 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by VanorDM View Post
How does a Chiss smuggler not make sense?
Cause, Chiss can't fly ships and be awesome like a real smuggler.
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School
Is this referral mic on? It's free stuff and stuff, in game.

Captain_Zone
03.14.2012 , 01:17 PM | #79
There are independent Chiss. Just as there are Imperial leaning Mirialans in
Spoiler

Ran into a Chiss bartender once. Nobody says they have to be Imperial. Granted my IA is a Chiss, and
Spoiler
Apologies, had to make the prerequisite joke on that subject. lol

Btw, that Chiss bartender was in Jedi Outcast when I was playing as Chuck Katarn... err, Kyle Norris... Whichever. xD
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

amantheil
03.14.2012 , 01:48 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by CelticMutt View Post
The Dawn of the Jedi series has several Sith (as in the original species) Jee'dai, the precursors to the Jedi. It is some 20000-25000 years before this game, but it's there. On Tython no less.
That's irrelevant to the game universe though. There were Neanderthals in France 20,000 - 30,000 years ago. That doesn't mean there'd be any walking around downtown Paris this year.