Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Yoda: worst jedi ever?

Eddizel
03.13.2012 , 03:20 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Smilingdeath View Post
You forget that Grand Master Windu also got his butt handed to him by a single sith.

Grand Master Skywalker also halted the Ssi'rruk invasion before it even started.
No he didn't, he whooped on Sidious, then got screwed over by Anakin.

Wolfninjajedi
03.13.2012 , 03:22 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Eddizel View Post
No he didn't, he whooped on Sidious, then got screwed over by Anakin.
Except either way he was gonna die Mace may have won the duel but he was going to lose the battle, wither Anakin intervened or not he was struggling against the lighting and losing his grip on his saber. In fact Mace left himself wide open to any force attack, when going for the final blow.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Morticoccus
03.13.2012 , 03:22 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Yeltrah View Post
Satele and Luke fought off the sith and the vong by themselves? Don't think so.

Yoda, during what we see of him in the movies, has two Sith apprentices (Darth Maul and Count Dooku) a coalition of separatist planets, and a Jedi turned Sith.

Your prejudices against Yoda are pretty apparent.

EDIT: Forgot to toss Sideous in therefor Yoda. He was only probably one of, if not the, most powerful force users of the entire star wars universe.
Luke did very little in the way of fighting compared to the other jedi during the vong invasion.
He was more of the diplomatic leader that had to fight backroom politics all the while.
When all is said and done we're not the only ones who look at life this way: That's what the Sith lords say.
And if they'd ever change as that reminds to say. But every time I see them makes me wish I had a gun. If I thought that I was crazy well I guess I'd have more fun.

Eddizel
03.14.2012 , 12:13 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Except either way he was gonna die Mace may have won the duel but he was going to lose the battle, wither Anakin intervened or not he was struggling against the lighting and losing his grip on his saber. In fact Mace left himself wide open to any force attack, when going for the final blow.
What? He was fine. He was holding off the lightning and simply trying to justify to himself and to Anakin his decision to kill Sidious. The only thing holding him back was his moral convictions and his discussion with Anakin.

He was literally in the process of dealing the killing blow when Anakin jumped in and cut his hand off and knocked his saber away.

Maniacraid
03.14.2012 , 05:49 AM | #15
Something to remember(If you're aware of the why) is the Rule of Two. Darth Bane(Who won't be born for another 700 years from ToR timeline) instituted the Rule of Two, to consolodate the power of the Dark Side. One to have the power, and one to covet it. Everything about the dark side and the Force that the master learned was then passed to the apprentice, so 9000 years worth of knowledge was passed down over and over. There weren't hundreds, or thousands of others drawing on the Dark Side for power.

Also, I believe Yoda said it himself, that they had trained as jedi to fight the Sith of old, not the Sith that Palpatine had become. So the Jedi never really changed over 10,000 years, but the Sith did.

IsawaMitaka
03.14.2012 , 05:28 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
...he was struggling against the lighting and losing his grip on his saber.
Struggling? I didn't think so. He was not just blocking Sidious' Force Lightning attacks, but actually turning it back on Sidious. If Anakin hadn't been there, Windu would have won handily.

Just my opinion, of course.
"The universe has secrets at its heart. Through the force, I will find those secrets, and feast on the bloody remains." -Parako, Sith Sorcerer

zebrawizard
03.14.2012 , 06:02 PM | #17
why cant a sith be more powerful than a jedi?

sith should kick jedi ***.

yunharla
03.14.2012 , 06:02 PM | #18
1,000 years of planning and preparation led to the downfall of the Republic and the Jedi order. it was far more then just a couple of Sith. Yoda had lost long before he even knew he was in a fight.

SillyTurtle
03.14.2012 , 06:02 PM | #19
You have to give Sidious more credit then he's getting in this thread... he isnt just a Sith Lord, he's the Emperor!

As for Yoda, considering he trained countless other jedi, I don't see how that statement can even be taken seriously.
Malidan - Marauder - Shadow Hand

Wolfninjajedi
03.14.2012 , 07:05 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Eddizel View Post
What? He was fine. He was holding off the lightning and simply trying to justify to himself and to Anakin his decision to kill Sidious. The only thing holding him back was his moral convictions and his discussion with Anakin.

He was literally in the process of dealing the killing blow when Anakin jumped in and cut his hand off and knocked his saber away.
Fine?....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0TFV...eature=related starts at 2:20 look at the expression on his face, you call that not struggling? Not to mention he sounded like he was struggling when he said "no..hes the traitor ahh.."

Ya he was about to deal the final blow, but the way he was going about it at 3:25 he was open to any force attack by Palpatine.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.