Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

CE Shop vs Security Key Shop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
CE Shop vs Security Key Shop

IntegralVoid
12.16.2011 , 04:05 AM | #1
what is the difference between the shop that comes with a CE and the shop that comes with the security Key and do CE owners get access to both since it comes with a security key in the box.

Mindsweep
12.16.2011 , 04:07 AM | #2
Don't think there is a difference between the two shops? Not what I could read in the guide.
When one falls - another one will rise.

Dutch_Celt
12.16.2011 , 04:09 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by IntegralVoid View Post
what is the difference between the shop that comes with a CE and the shop that comes with the security Key and do CE owners get access to both since it comes with a security key in the box.
If they ARE different, I would imagine CE owners getting access to both, once they add their security key.

dreoglaf
12.16.2011 , 04:10 AM | #4
The CE shop reportedly has exclusive items for them in it, so it's apparently different from the authentication shop. However, assuming the CE owner configures their authenticator, they'd have access to both, yeah.
Dunno about you, but I like my Star Wars to have equal parts Star to the Wars bit.

peteed
12.16.2011 , 04:13 AM | #5
tbh there hasn't been a decent explanation wth these shops are, what do they sell?

IntegralVoid
12.16.2011 , 04:13 AM | #6
well there are two shops in the imperial fleet, one says VIP and the other says Collector's Edition Shop.

DoctorVanGogh
12.16.2011 , 04:15 AM | #7
Both shops are different, but since every CE includes a security key, CE owners get access to both.

Both shop sell somewhat similar wares (fully mod-able 'orange' social wear) and companion customizations (I think the security vendor sells way more customizations than the Ce vendor).

Also the CE vendor has some vanity items. Dont remember exactly, but 'click-me-I-make screen-flash-green' type of thing
Band of Brothers
Eine PvE/PvP Republik Gilde auf The Jedi Tower, EU

Heappestre
12.16.2011 , 04:16 AM | #8
CE sells a completely different set of custom armour and speeder/pets to the security vendor. You may (or may not) be pleased to know the security vendor on the republic fleet sells the dancer outfit (think slave girl). No idea yet if vendors have different items in the other faction, but I imagine so as the CE vendor I saw in the republic fleet has republic armour outfit
Spelling isn't my strong point.

DoctorVanGogh
12.16.2011 , 04:17 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by IntegralVoid View Post
well there are two shops in the imperial fleet, one says VIP and the other says Collector's Edition Shop.
VIP vendor is for everybody who has the VIP wristband (due to being in an area that can only access with the wristband): aka CE owners, DDE owners and everyone who puts down 1Mil creds for the wristband. CE shop is CE exclusive.
Band of Brothers
Eine PvE/PvP Republik Gilde auf The Jedi Tower, EU

IntegralVoid
12.16.2011 , 04:20 AM | #10
yeah, i was kinda hoping for a bioware mod to answer the question so we could get an honest and accurate answer, especially since the details regarding this shops are extremely vague at best and you can't really count beta as a definite for actual and current game content. hopefully my wife picks up my CE tomorrow and then I could stop wondering.