Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hard Core Raiders : CHILL

jimmyquinella
03.13.2012 , 08:04 PM | #31
It took Ford like 50 years to add a radio into their models....(Ahh the Model T, those were the days)

And you want your radio included on a 2012 model?

Give them some time!

Daiyukie
03.13.2012 , 09:34 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by jimmyquinella View Post
It took Ford like 50 years to add a radio into their models....(Ahh the Model T, those were the days)

And you want your radio included on a 2012 model?

Give them some time!
While I agree with the sentiment, the analogy is way off-base.

DeketheDeke
03.14.2012 , 12:32 AM | #33
It is my opinion that Bioware needs to take a page out of its own book and apply it to Ops. Why do they have optional bosses in FPs but not Ops? This would essentially kill two birds with one stone. Add 2 optional bosses to an Op that are on a much higher difficulty scale (I.e. the droid in Kaon) for the more experienced/talented raiders but allow everyone else to finish the instance without killing these optional bosses. Heck, even make the story/final boss fight different if one optional boss is killed and different still with both dead. This would allow many mechanics to remain in place, therefore optimizing dev time as prior posts discussed, and not require an entirely new raid zone for hardcore raiders.

The other option would be to add a Ragnaros/Nefarian as the final boss which would require a few weeks/month of farming the instance to gear up in order to take them down. However, this does not work as well with the difficulty modes. This brings me to my final point, Loot! Far too easy to gear up in this game. Bosses need to drop 1 piece of tier gear each with a CHANCE at a rare drop as well. These rare drops should not be part of the tier set but instead be superior quality and have interesting procs/buff effects on them. This would serve the dual purposes of making gear choices more fun/complex and keeping people from getting bored of raiding because there is still über loot out there for them to acquire. These rare drops should also have cool names that relate to the lore. And bring on the legendary-quality item quest that must be assigned to a specificly pimp raider because it benefits the entire raid if used properly!

I'm of the opinion that we are in vanilla swtor right now so the mass panic is an overreaction. Give these guys some time to get stuff right, 1.2 seems to be a step in the right direction from my point of view.

TLDR- add optional bosses for the hardcore guys to work on and the new guys to aspire to kill. Reduce the amount of loot from each boss/add rare drops to keep people interested in raiding.

Hassansinated
03.14.2012 , 01:19 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Anilon View Post
The major flaw in your second argument there, is that designing content with the intent to only have a small amount of the player base access it, is not a smart financial move.

It is my opinion that the MMO trend will continue with tiered difficulties of encounters. It is the most cost-effective way to provide multiple types and difficulties of challenges. It is why WoW changed to do that, and it is why SWTOR came ready with it.
Its not a small amount of players. The majority of the people playing this game ARE
at endgame. You are saying the same thing that many people have been ignored for.

xJACKTHERIPPERx
03.14.2012 , 01:21 AM | #35
But they're hardcore!! They can't chill!!!
<Shadowlands> Munda - 60 Sniper | Seever - 60 Juggernaut | Kaasra - 60 Assassin | Vasius - 56 Mercenary | Innoss - 57 Sage | Sediya - 60 Vanguard | Yellow'Polka - 56 Sentinel | Vi'da - 55 Scoundrel