Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Old Republic toys from Kenner?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Old Republic toys from Kenner?

RemyDMartin
03.13.2012 , 03:23 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by MacksAdrenalin View Post

Here is an example. I made my Mercenary Bounty Hinter from SWTOR. He is a Zabrak like Maul different face tattoos but same color/ design as I love black and red together.

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF...?topic=3284.60
http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF...?topic=3284.45

MacksAdrenalin
Although I respect the art in general, I looked at your figures and they reminded me of my "Sid Days" (Toy Story 1 ref) when I used to rip off heads on gi joes then super glue on heads from other toys I had like one I did was He-Mans body with a Barbie Head cause I was making a short about when the prince wanted to get a sex change. lolz oh my crazy childhood...good times. I used to really love the crash dummies which broke apart.

Mmm but I digressed...

I have to imagine eventually they will be coming out with lots of toys sense they are so cheap to manufacture and then upsell for 50-60% return on the profits. Thank you china ;P

But in all reality I'd say the first wave is going to be generic characters from the "trailers" which honestly the only one Id want is the smuggler guy which I can't make my in game smuggler look like (damn them to hell for misleading us all) ...

but other than that bad ***, I'd like to eventually see generic PVP or PVE or Maybe Gear where we buy toy and then get a code which unlocks a special store to buy the matching orange armor as to make our in game match out toy/figurine ... and then have removable head(s) hilts as to match our race choice. Of all the classes. They obviously have statistics so possibly, we'd be able to start with the most popular and then each month or so release another class...

it's a dream. but it has me thinking...i just might buy should they sell.

PS: That electrocuted Darth Vader was awesome. It had me rolling with laughter...
Old Woman:"I sense great conflict in your heart. It is by no mere chance we met. The force is at work."
Remy D:"And what of it? You Jedi are all the same, self righteous.Yet, one blaster shot and you still bleed;just like the rest of us."

Faefrost
03.13.2012 , 04:34 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by RemyDMartin View Post
Although I respect the art in general, I looked at your figures and they reminded me of my "Sid Days" (Toy Story 1 ref) when I used to rip off heads on gi joes then super glue on heads from other toys I had like one I did was He-Mans body with a Barbie Head cause I was making a short about when the prince wanted to get a sex change. lolz oh my crazy childhood...good times. I used to really love the crash dummies which broke apart.

Mmm but I digressed...

I have to imagine eventually they will be coming out with lots of toys sense they are so cheap to manufacture and then upsell for 50-60% return on the profits. Thank you china ;P

But in all reality I'd say the first wave is going to be generic characters from the "trailers" which honestly the only one Id want is the smuggler guy which I can't make my in game smuggler look like (damn them to hell for misleading us all) ...

but other than that bad ***, I'd like to eventually see generic PVP or PVE or Maybe Gear where we buy toy and then get a code which unlocks a special store to buy the matching orange armor as to make our in game match out toy/figurine ... and then have removable head(s) hilts as to match our race choice. Of all the classes. They obviously have statistics so possibly, we'd be able to start with the most popular and then each month or so release another class...

it's a dream. but it has me thinking...i just might buy should they sell.

PS: That electrocuted Darth Vader was awesome. It had me rolling with laughter...
Some friends in my modeling club keep trying to convince me how easy and reasonably inexpensive it is to literally make your own completely custom figures and action figures. Apparently the hardest thing to do is (obviously) the head and faces. (Unless you are doing a helmet, at which point it is cake). For action figures a few companies make and sell articulated "generic" figures of various scales and sizes. You then build the clothing and details you want using Aves super sculpt, and then paint.

RemyDMartin
03.13.2012 , 10:02 PM | #23
Yea, you can always make plaster molds. we did a lot of that for art class growing up on certain projects working with liquid latex and such...i never made my own head before can't imagine it's easy...id think you need to sculpt a lot of the features...eh.
Old Woman:"I sense great conflict in your heart. It is by no mere chance we met. The force is at work."
Remy D:"And what of it? You Jedi are all the same, self righteous.Yet, one blaster shot and you still bleed;just like the rest of us."