Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tonight's episode of the clone wars (Mar 09 2012)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Tonight's episode of the clone wars (Mar 09 2012)

soulself
03.12.2012 , 12:43 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Miaxi View Post
Spoiler
Spoiler
I'm in a war against all things stupid.

Rohanshot
03.12.2012 , 01:43 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by soulself View Post
Spoiler
That entire comic was part of Star Wars Infinities. So technically it is non-canon.
Speak softly and carry a BIG GUN!
Codename: The BrotherHood an Elite Trooper only Republic Unit
Rank: Corporal- Element: Titan Company 1st Platoon, Delta Squad
[Recruitment Thread]

Toonimator
03.12.2012 , 04:42 PM | #23
Yes, Maul appearing on Tatooine was from the Visionaries anthology, a group of comic stories done by artists who worked on the film. "Old Wounds" was the tale's name... it wasn't very good as a story. Maul narrates it, saying how he's pursued Obi-Wan for years. He always JUST MISSED him, arriving at least at Geonosis, Utapau, Mustafar, and Polis Massa just after Obi-Wan left (days/hours). Possibly Kamino, too... the main gist was that Maul tracked Obi-Wan basically to every movie location Obi-Wan visited--convenient, no?

The Maul that Vader defeated wasn't the real deal, either... some sorta Force-conjured clone, I think.

Faefrost
03.13.2012 , 02:07 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
Anyone else notice that George Lucas' daughter (Katie Lucas) wrote the episode?

Katie Lucas wrote the following Star Wars: The Clone Wars episodes:
Season 3 Episode 7 "Assassin"
Season 3 Episode 12 "Nightsisters"
Season 3 Episode 13 "Monster"
Season 3 Episode 14 "Witches of the Mist"
Season 4 Episode 19 "Massacre"
Season 4 Episode 20 "Bounty"
Season 4 Episode 21 "Brother"
Season 4 Episode 22 "Revenge"

Leads me to think that GL will be passing the Star Wars torch over to his daughter.
I noticed that. There is an interview with her about some of her episodes on the DVD for the Nightsisters episodes.

I will give the girl credit, for her age (and apparent uber nerdchickness) Most of her episodes are actually really good. She took what had essentially been a flat one note evil villainess character and really fleshed her out, as a result creating one of the better and more compelling villains in Star Wars cannon. Sadly Brothers doesn't work anywhere near as well as Nightsisters or Bounty. The dialogue in Brothers was just awful. But granted there is only so much you can do when every character in the episode is big stupid and violent, with no other underlying purpose or drive. (I think she said more in the somewhat vague "are they or aren't they?" implied lesbian scene between Ventress and the pink and green bounty hunter chick than she did in the entirety of the rest of the episode)