Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tank: Assasian vs Juggernaut

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Tank: Assasian vs Juggernaut

sLeeC
12.15.2011 , 11:57 PM | #1
I have researched quite a bit looking at both their skill trees and pvp abilities.

I don't really care much about like Huttball. I will be in a group with a sith sorcerer and a Maurauder. Going to be a PvP Group and i'm being the tank.

I can't decide though between tank Assasian or tank Juggernaut.

I heard Jugg is insane to kill with minimal dps but the assasian can be tough to kill as well, just cant protect teammates as well.

Anyone have a point that will help me make my final decision?

This is my first MMO, but in no way am I looking for the EASIEST class, if that is anyones argument for playing one over the other.

Kadabrax
12.16.2011 , 12:06 AM | #2
I prefer the Jugg style, havent seen much of the Asn, not sure how it works either really

Arklari
12.16.2011 , 12:41 AM | #3
I personally preferred to play Jugg as a tank than an assassin.

Chomag
12.16.2011 , 03:24 AM | #4
What's an assasian ?
Hard mode: Play Republic
Nightmare mode: Play Republic on a pvp server
Are you man enough for the challenge ? Aunt Satele wants YOU.
Republic. No kids allowed.

Tycius
12.16.2011 , 03:27 AM | #5
Well, they both fill the same role. Which class story/aesthetic do you like more? Which will you enjoy playing more. Another question, do you want armour, or a double bladed lightsaber?

They're both viable classes for the role, perhaps considering something outside your duty (which I'm glad you see as first priority) will allow you to better enjoy the character?
"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."
―Qui-Gon Jinn

"Idealism is what precedes experience; cynicism is what follows."
- David T. Wolf

Karthaugh
12.16.2011 , 03:30 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by sLeeC View Post
I have researched quite a bit looking at both their skill trees and pvp abilities.

I don't really care much about like Huttball. I will be in a group with a sith sorcerer and a Maurauder. Going to be a PvP Group and i'm being the tank.

I can't decide though between tank Assasian or tank Juggernaut.

I heard Jugg is insane to kill with minimal dps but the assasian can be tough to kill as well, just cant protect teammates as well.

Anyone have a point that will help me make my final decision?

This is my first MMO, but in no way am I looking for the EASIEST class, if that is anyones argument for playing one over the other.
I played assassin tank all the way to max lvl in general beta,and this is what I found. The assassin takes longer to hit its stride, having lower kinetic Dam Red. (although you trade off with higher elemental reduction) and fewer defensive cooldowns. It has higher DPS and as you level, quite a lot more control abilities and utilities, although I only hit 42 in general with jugg, I personally found assassin much more fun to play, and just as good.
Originally Posted by battlebug
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.]

Nempo
12.16.2011 , 03:32 AM | #7
Shadow/Assassin are flexable classes with access to a lot of tools is all. The Jugg/Guard has to get up in someones face while a clothies can work from greater range (30m stun range is a godsend). Having access to stealth is wonderful for PvP as well.

A side note...if you are stealthed and the person you are protecting takes damage, you come out of stealth as is proper/balanced.

Shadow/Assassin also mix up kinetic/internal/pure force damage, thus they can poke at various weak points more regularly.

Jugg/Guard have their wealth of abilities to help as well, though it is possible to starve this class of action points if you are a skilled kiter. It basically all comes down to personal preference.
"I am not driven by hatred. I am not driven by fear.
I am not driven by desire, duty, or any rationale. I can no longer feel any of these.
All that remains is Retribution; Cold and hard and final..."

Nempo - Gray Jedi