Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Clickers"

KeithLegend
03.12.2012 , 05:28 PM | #631
Quote: Originally Posted by todorovh View Post
You can be lightning fast and you're still losing efficiency, if you were spamming a key bind you could rotate the camera/ move/ whatever at the same time.. not to mention you can easily click the wrong ability if you're not careful, which means u need to be looking at what you're clicking and not at what's going on around you.

On top of that clicking requires a lot more hand movement - constantly moving the mouse, which is a lot more tiring over a long period of time - like 3-4 hour raid.

Also if you're a clicker you'll also need to keyboard turn, essentially limiting your movement options.

Personally I don't feel comfortable with such a setup.

Still everyone is free to play as they wish
I get the feeling it isn't sinking in. I can move the camera just fine whilst clicking, it's all about learning how to do it efficiently and effectively. As i said earlier on, there's never a reason for me to be spinning the camera around all the time. As for clicking the wrong ability - rarely happens, and i suppose the same thing could also be said for pressing the wrong keybind - but i know you'll just go ahead and refute that as IMPOSSIBRU!

Clicking doesn't require a lot of hand movement at all. It's not like i have my mouse set on minimum sensitivity also, i don't use my keyboard to turn. Another common misconception with skilled clickers. It takes less than a second to quickly move the camera to position. Less than a second = less than a GCD. Barely, if any, loss of action.

Still waiting to see factual evidence, rather than anecdotal experiences and tales of personal preference.

Apocryphas
03.12.2012 , 05:31 PM | #632
Quote: Originally Posted by Sparklehorse View Post
No matter how anybody tries to shape and spin the arguments in favor of clicking a player will never be as efficient using this method as they will be with keybinding.

The mouse is for moving.

The keyboard is for your abilities.

If you aren't playing this way you are punishing your own efficiency.

It's a personal choice but make no mistake about it, if you choose to use the keyboard to move/turn and the mouse to click your abilities on the action bar you will be at a distinct disadvantage when playing against a person who uses the mouse to move and binds their abilities to their keyboard.
Well said.
(█|▀▀/‾‾‾‾‾|███████████████████████████████████████

HeCTiCLOB
03.12.2012 , 05:39 PM | #633
To achieve the highest level of success, one must remove any and all inefficiencies from their game. This applies to all things in life, not just video games.
Sometimes one must simply accept that their way of doing things is not prime and learn to understand why this may be so. If you refuse to understand why clicking is inefficient, you are in fact refusing to take your game to a higher level.
If you are stubbornly set in your ways, you are destined to never achieve greatness.

KeithLegend
03.12.2012 , 05:42 PM | #634
Quote: Originally Posted by HeCTiCLOB View Post
To achieve the highest level of success, one must remove any and all inefficiencies from their game. This applies to all things in life, not just video games.
Sometimes one must simply accept that their way of doing things is not prime and learn to understand why this may be so. If you refuse to understand why clicking is inefficient, you are in fact refusing to take your game to a higher level.
If you are stubbornly set in your ways, you are destined to never achieve greatness.
It's a videogame. The **** that matters to some people, I swear. It's bizarre.

HeCTiCLOB
03.12.2012 , 05:55 PM | #635
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithLegend View Post
It's a videogame. The **** that matters to some people, I swear. It's bizarre.
Yes, it is a video game. I clearly referenced that fact in my post which you clearly did not read.

This may be of some use for you.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reading_comprehension

Frostyforce
03.12.2012 , 05:57 PM | #636
only attacks and abilities i dont click are on keys 1-6 and sometimes 7, and i do just fine. and if u try to tell me otherwise then i shall challenge you to fisticuffs.
Sometimes I like to cover myself in peanut butter, hop in the washing machine, and pretend I'm a bear.

KeithLegend
03.12.2012 , 06:01 PM | #637
Yes, it is a video game. I clearly referenced that fact in my post which you clearly did not read.

This may be of some use for you.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reading_comprehension
What a great and original reply to see on the internets! Well here i was hoping you'd try and explain why you're bundling MMO's and "achieving greatness" together, but i suppose it was too much to wish for. I'd read that article, but my comprehension skills suck. I'll continue to be a pernicious little scallywag.

testszag
03.12.2012 , 06:09 PM | #638
some of us just play to have fun. if i ever think of a game as a job that i need to take to a higher level, i hope my family shoots me.
no f2p 4 me

Toxen
03.12.2012 , 06:10 PM | #639
I support...wait, which thread is this? Sorry, I'm following a lot of flame wars at the moment. Uh, oh yeah, clicking!

I support clicking!
"Peace is a lie, there is only pancake."

terminova
03.12.2012 , 06:26 PM | #640
Quote: Originally Posted by Toxen View Post
I support...wait, which thread is this? Sorry, I'm following a lot of flame wars at the moment. Uh, oh yeah, clicking!

I support clicking!
+1 for ^.^

and...I'm borrowing that....
Quote: Originally Posted by Toxen View Post

I support clicking!