Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

OW PvP: Rubberbanding and Melees

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
OW PvP: Rubberbanding and Melees

Wyiizek
12.16.2011 , 01:40 AM | #1
PvP would be a lot more fun on tattooine as I'm leveling if when I get jumped by a ranged class, after I force leap - get knocked back- put up a defensive cd and get a slow on them b/c they don't know how to kite, i still get rolled because I can't even stay on target with the rubberbanding. As a JK, I don't have any "gimme" 4s stun that I can have my way with them with backstabs or whatever, I have to actually stay on the target. The rubberbanding isn't always an issue, but was about 50% of the time for me.

As a ranged class, if you notice a rubberbanding problem you can just run around and cast your spammable high dmg and low dmg attacks (to recover energy etc).

Not only is the JK a bit gimped, but we have this to deal with. Oh, and don't even get me started on companions in OW PvP...what does the P in that stand for again?

TLDR: Please address the rubberbanding, it ruins fun fights.

reofjsof
12.16.2011 , 01:50 AM | #2
I have no idea what rubberbanding is

I agree about companions in PvP though, that's a silly oversight

DarthMelancholy
12.16.2011 , 01:55 AM | #3
Rubber-banding is a form of latency lag. You will run 10 meters ahead and instead of your screen freezing or your character running on the spot, your character gets teleported back to your original location, in severe cases your character gets jerked ahead and back again simulating the "Rubber-Banding" effect.

*edit*

As an aside, Aion had it the worst, was freaking terrible and completely un-playable for many players.

Wyiizek
12.16.2011 , 01:55 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by reofjsof View Post
I have no idea what rubberbanding is

I agree about companions in PvP though, that's a silly oversight
Woops, forgot to explain.

Rubberbanding is when a character appears in one spot, then 1 or 2 seconds later is somewhere 20m away from you due to some type of lag, which makes it unable for you to hit them if you need to be in melee range. Any of the attacks you issued while the character APPEARED to be in front of you never connected- and now they're 20m away shooting you down/running away.