Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Annihilation and Ravage

Evixy
03.09.2012 , 07:47 PM | #21
Ravage clipping is what every good Annihilation Marauder should do (can't speak for Carnage, but clipping Ravage with Smash in Rage would seem like a good idea, provided your target it stationary).

Though I have to say that since the last patch, it seems the GCD is a lot slower since before. Earlier the GCD started when you hit the button, but now it seems to wait until 0,5 sec into the channel. Dunno about the rest of you, but my burst from clipping Ravage with Annihilate seems to have become a lot slower since 1.1.5.
War Hero Evixy Lvl 50 Annihilation Marauder - Luka Sene-EU

Spiderbubble
03.10.2012 , 06:03 AM | #22
If nothing else, it's amazing in operations XD

But yeah, not quite useful in PvP. I rarely find myself using it, but if a target got stunned by an ally, go ahead and wreck his face with a full Ravage. He'll be feeling the hurt.

CaptainBarbosa
03.10.2012 , 08:33 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by malispar View Post
My bad, I meant better things to attack with? Lol.

I did notice that Ravage has a little bit of "lag time" as in, if someone is running away, there's a good chance I am going to hit someone with at least 1 swing.

If Annihilation is up though, for sure I'm gonna be hammering that button over letting Ravage finish.
Here's an idea... Let ravage finish, laugh when the last hit crits 3k, THEN annihilate him for 4k, and laugh when DS crits for 1.3k.

You'd be surprised how often I get off a full ravage channel in pvp, even in 1v1. Sometimes dot dot ravage can be better than dot dot chokes!

Evixy
03.10.2012 , 09:11 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by WokeSmeed View Post
Seriously, *** are you guys talking about?
My ravage hits for a total of 7-8k (crit) for NO RAGE COST !!!!

First hit 1,5k, second hit 2,5k and last hit 3,5k (all crit btw, but when I use ravage I have my crit relic up)
Or 1st hit 1k, 2nd 1.5k and 3rd 2k = 4,5k in 3 seconds (still not bad if none of them crits)

If you use an ability before the last hit, that's a huge dps loss imo.
Just tested this cuz I wasn't sure about it and I was correct. The first and second hit are merged. So when you see 1.5k first then 2.5k, its actually 1.5k+1k. If what you are saying would be true, then Ravage would hit for 4k in 1 GCD (provided both hits crit), which is just absurd considering its a free skill. If you see 2 numbers appear on your screen, then both hits crit.
War Hero Evixy Lvl 50 Annihilation Marauder - Luka Sene-EU

trevah
03.10.2012 , 12:20 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Murmurrr View Post
Thank you for sharing your opinion on what the developers should do to modify the skill. Now let us discuss the current functionality of the skill, in which two swings occur rapidly and then a long delay occurs before the final swing.

It is my theory that it is never useful as an annihilation marauder to fully cast 3 seconds of ravage, but it is extremely useful to cast 1.5 seconds of ravage and to then cancel it with annihilate.

I created this thread for the purpose of discussing my opinion with the community and to see what other people thought about the usefulness of cancelling ravage into annihilate; opinions (ideally backed up with data) that counter the concept of casting 1.5 seconds of ravage before using annihilate are extremely welcome, as I currently cannot see any reason to NOT cancel my ravage into annihilate every time.
We should be friends. But you have more patience than I do. And I'm a teacher.

notsocool
03.12.2012 , 07:48 AM | #26
Can someone explain to me if I'm mistaken about how Ravage works?

Let me explain what I think I know.

-The GCD is 1.5sec
-Ravage is a 3sec channel.
-The first two hits occur in the first 1.5sec (when the GCD is going on) which means you cannot cancel into anything else until that 1.5sec is up. (Am I wrong at this?)
-This means that whatever the third hit deals effectively costs you one GCD and nothing else (let's ignore that stupid bug where you perform the animation but do no damage, that sucks, yes I know, I hope they fix it too.)
-I know Annihilate deals more damage than the last hit of Ravage, but what about other abilities? Annihilate still has a pretty long coodown, so I'm not sure I feel justified losing that last hit just to pop Annihilate one GCD earlier, especially since that last hit exceeds some of my other powers.
-Does Annihilate somehow interact differently with Ravage than other powers?
-I often use Ravage as a sort of finisher, if the enemy looks likely to get out of my range (say I'm immob'ed) I know Ravage's last hit has around a 10m range.

Am I wrong in any of my assumptions or should I move around Ravage from its current spot on my toolbar in favor of another power?

bklynfinest
03.12.2012 , 12:18 PM | #27
Don't be quick to discount full animation of Ravage -- it's #1 use for me has been vs. bads that just stand there and try to eat the 3rd hit. When you're in the middle of a large fight it's invaluable as you can save your CDs to immediately focus fire a better player.

Neflarion
03.12.2012 , 12:37 PM | #28
Before I begin sorry for the derail. Just giving the confused people some information.

As Carnage yes we will let the 3rd hit of Ravage hit. We will do this for 1 reason. With the gore debuff we have 100% armor penentration. Also when speced into it, Ravage does root the target in place.

It's also pretty amazing how often I don't get my ravage interupted in PvP. There are only two situations I can think of when I don't get my full ravage off as Carnage.

1. When it bugs.
2. When someone with a knock back knocks my target away from me.

Again sorry for the derail. Please continue on with the orginal conversation.

Garroda
03.12.2012 , 01:30 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Neflarion View Post
Before I begin sorry for the derail. Just giving the confused people some information.

As Carnage yes we will let the 3rd hit of Ravage hit. We will do this for 1 reason. With the gore debuff we have 100% armor penentration. Also when speced into it, Ravage does root the target in place.

It's also pretty amazing how often I don't get my ravage interupted in PvP. There are only two situations I can think of when I don't get my full ravage off as Carnage.

1. When it bugs.
2. When someone with a knock back knocks my target away from me.

Again sorry for the derail. Please continue on with the orginal conversation.
Well, in all fairness, the last thing I would blow my interrupt cooldown on would be ravage...better to save it for a healer or High DPS ranged channel.