regarding orange gear and mods

netskink

Hello

I am confused by orange gear. Take two pieces of gloves orange gear. One is lvl 7 and one is lvl 47. When the mods are removed, both pieces of gear have the same armor value. If you put identical mods in both pieces, the resulting stats for the gloves are the same. So why is there a level requirement for the unpopulated gear?

John

Hello

I am confused by orange gear. Take two pieces of gloves orange gear. One is lvl 7 and one is lvl 47. When the mods are removed, both pieces of gear have the same armor value. If you put identical mods in both pieces, the resulting stats for the gloves are the same. So why is there a level requirement for the unpopulated gear?

John

Orange armor (Open - no mods) is just a vanity thing, the higher it is in level, the more sophisticated it looks. Might have more armor plating at the shoulders or more texture detailing. Basically just looks more beefed up.

But it doesn't really matter if you're lvl 49 - 50 as you can take higher lvl gear fit it with say lvl 15 item mods and then it becomes lvl 15 armor even though it was originally for lvl 35.. Right?

I know.. It's weird but I've done this before.