Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

another Alienware issue...

gtrrunner
03.12.2012 , 12:12 PM | #1
not sure what section this would go in, but I got my Alienware m15x a while back and it has never had a problem playing any other games (Fallout, Skyrim, etc.) but only when i play SWtOR i keep getting the blue screen of death... i read up on the other threads here, ive cleaned out my laptop multiple times with the compressed air in the can.

here's a picture of the BSOD, maybe someone could help me out.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...z/e9692e4c.jpg

if you need any other information please let me know.

Mineria
03.12.2012 , 12:19 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by gtrrunner View Post
not sure what section this would go in, but I got my Alienware m15x a while back and it has never had a problem playing any other games (Fallout, Skyrim, etc.) but only when i play SWtOR i keep getting the blue screen of death... i read up on the other threads here, ive cleaned out my laptop multiple times with the compressed air in the can.

here's a picture of the BSOD, maybe someone could help me out.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...z/e9692e4c.jpg

if you need any other information please let me know.
Could you zip the dump files and upload them to zippyshare and add a link here?

Found some instructions to follow if you don't know how too, should make it easier.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

Benagain
03.12.2012 , 12:25 PM | #3
Just throwing my 2 cents in here...I've never thought it is a good idea to clean a computer with compressed air. All it's really doing is blowing dirt and dust everywhere, and depending on what you're aiming at, you can actually push dirt farther into cracks and places where you can't it out.

Next time you need to vacuum your floor, set the vacuum cleaner to blow out instead of in, and see how clean your house is after that

Dolarrah
03.12.2012 , 12:28 PM | #4
Wireless Adapter

I run a m17x with a "Killer" (yes that is a brand name) Wireless Adapter. I had the exact same issue until I update to the latest drivers. Download the latest wireless adapter drivers and I think your issue will go away.

Mineria
03.12.2012 , 01:09 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Dolarrah View Post
Wireless Adapter

I run a m17x with a "Killer" (yes that is a brand name) Wireless Adapter. I had the exact same issue until I update to the latest drivers. Download the latest wireless adapter drivers and I think your issue will go away.
http://www.killergaming.com/support/Downloads

Mineria
03.12.2012 , 01:12 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Benagain View Post
Just throwing my 2 cents in here...I've never thought it is a good idea to clean a computer with compressed air. All it's really doing is blowing dirt and dust everywhere, and depending on what you're aiming at, you can actually push dirt farther into cracks and places where you can't it out.

Next time you need to vacuum your floor, set the vacuum cleaner to blow out instead of in, and see how clean your house is after that
There aren't really any open slots in a laptop where it would matter.

And for desktops you should of course blow with open eyes, I use nothing but a compressor that ensures me dry air to clean out my pc's.

gtrrunner
03.14.2012 , 06:48 AM | #7
Zippy share -> here

I followed the steps on the page you linked for the BSOD dump, and the systems report, also gave a bit of info on my system from PC Wizard.

I'm pretty sure I updated my wireless adapter drivers but I will check again

Thanks in advance

gtrrunner
03.16.2012 , 01:57 PM | #8
bump, any help is appreciated

Tyakugan
03.16.2012 , 02:04 PM | #9
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314063/en

It seems, as if one of your drivers is outdated. Please try to update your drivers (Graphics, sound). If you are using Windows XP you should consider updating to Windows 7.

renegadeimp
03.16.2012 , 02:57 PM | #10
Ahh. The dreaded IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error. Some OS versions report it as IRQL or the STOP 0000000A error code.

This, as someone else pointed out, can be fixed by sorting out your drivers. One of them could be conflicting with your OS's kernal. It's normally seen in NT os's such as 2000/xp/vista.

Try the following:
  • Click on start. Click on Run

• Type - eventvwr.msc
  • or
  • Click on Start >> Control Panel >> Administrator Tools >> Event Viewer
  • Click on Application
  • (In vista click on windows Logs and then application)
  • Here you need to look for red X with error reports. This will let you know what caused your pc to crash last time or program conflicting on your PC. It's advisable to remove the program and then check if your PC works better or not. You can always reinstall the program if theres no noticable difference.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.