Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Marauder guidance/optimization for those struggling

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Marauder guidance/optimization for those struggling

THEMARD
02.23.2012 , 03:27 PM | #81
@ OP,

Nice writeup love your math you did on PvP gear vs PvE gear, dislike your spec calculator thought.

First off for Annihilation: Subjugation IS HUGE. It makes your interrupt the best in the game. Healers have a 2 second grace period to cast that heal you interrupted. Quick recovery is NOT needed as you will not be using smash at all unless its to get people off caping an object. (Cloak of annihilation is much more superior). Phantom is kind of a toss up, I dont think its worth 2 points. Hemorrhage is 15% more bleed damage (That adds up.)

Imo this is the best Annihilation spec you can go. There is a toss up with Defensive roll (30% less AoE damage) and Ravager (10 secs less cooldown on force choke) I do love the 10 secs less on force choke, but I am sick of getting crit for 4-5k from Rage speced Warriors.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100MIrRbRbcGzZhMMZh.1

Second your Rage build. You need Enraged slash. Strangulate is awful, do not waste 2 points into it, take. Unbreakable rage?!?!? No way!! Useless! Interceptor is pretty good imo, the extra 20% helps alot with snipers/sages/sorcs/gunslingers.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bcZhMZGMRrzrMkGR.1

getdownsb
02.24.2012 , 02:24 AM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by THEMARD View Post
@ OP,

Quick recovery is NOT needed as you will not be using smash at all unless its to get people off caping an object. (Cloak of annihilation is much more superior). Phantom is kind of a toss up, I dont think its worth 2 points.
You're smoking the wrong grass.
Rincon
Helm of Graush

Foxcolt
02.24.2012 , 09:12 AM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by THEMARD View Post
@ OP,

Nice writeup love your math you did on PvP gear vs PvE gear, dislike your spec calculator thought.

First off for Annihilation: Subjugation IS HUGE. It makes your interrupt the best in the game. Healers have a 2 second grace period to cast that heal you interrupted. Quick recovery is NOT needed as you will not be using smash at all unless its to get people off caping an object. (Cloak of annihilation is much more superior). Phantom is kind of a toss up, I dont think its worth 2 points. Hemorrhage is 15% more bleed damage (That adds up.)

Imo this is the best Annihilation spec you can go. There is a toss up with Defensive roll (30% less AoE damage) and Ravager (10 secs less cooldown on force choke) I do love the 10 secs less on force choke, but I am sick of getting crit for 4-5k from Rage speced Warriors.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100MIrRbRbcGzZhMMZh.1

Second your Rage build. You need Enraged slash. Strangulate is awful, do not waste 2 points into it, take. Unbreakable rage?!?!? No way!! Useless! Interceptor is pretty good imo, the extra 20% helps alot with snipers/sages/sorcs/gunslingers.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bcZhMZGMRrzrMkGR.1
Not even 1/2 close quarters, no blurred speed?

Total fail spec for pvp.

AcaciaDragon
02.24.2012 , 10:37 AM | #84
This "guide" is really really off in terms of stats/relics, well everything in general. Its more opinion based than anything.
Wingweaver Champion Carnage Marauder

Sameria
02.24.2012 , 12:46 PM | #85
Thanks for the guide.

Pokmatiil
03.12.2012 , 06:34 AM | #86
I would also like to know where do you come up with 85% surge as the number to have.
Does this 85% holds for rage spec? Or it goes down to 55%?
Some suggested that we should "aim" at about 30% crit, 75% surge buffed, after this point
you start to get diminishing returns.
Tried to change surge from 65% up to 85% and did not notice any big difference at least with rage spec. For Anhi I only tried to "play" with crit up to 40% buffed and surge about 75%.
Also did not notice and big difference.

Would like to thank you for the guide very nice information gathered.

GenMacG
03.12.2012 , 07:37 AM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by Pokmatiil View Post
I would also like to know where do you come up with 85% surge as the number to have.
Does this 85% holds for rage spec? Or it goes down to 55%?
Some suggested that we should "aim" at about 30% crit, 75% surge buffed, after this point
you start to get diminishing returns.
Tried to change surge from 65% up to 85% and did not notice any big difference at least with rage spec. For Anhi I only tried to "play" with crit up to 40% buffed and surge about 75%.
Also did not notice and big difference.

Would like to thank you for the guide very nice information gathered.
This guide was written before the surge nerf
I'm Rick James *****

Pokmatiil
03.12.2012 , 08:55 AM | #88
So the new value for surge is 75%?