Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

customer service disappointment

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
customer service disappointment
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

farrous
12.16.2011 , 12:25 AM | #1
So I pre-ordered swtor on December 8th after getting to play the beta. I have been looking forward to playing on the 15th as a email I received told me I could do. At this point I still cant play. So i called the customer service and waited on hold for a bit over 2 hours to be told ill get an email within 48 hours to get early access and if I don't get an email to call back again. I feel like that's not what was promoted in the email, I am a little disappointed about how this was handled, and I really don't want to wait on the phone for another 2 hours. I really hope this isn't going to be how customer service is going to be going forward.

Emeralddragon
12.16.2011 , 12:27 AM | #2
Who did you order it from? if it was through Origin, you should be getting the emails tomorrow (16th) at around 8:00 CST
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
-Albert Einstein

TCurrens
12.16.2011 , 12:28 AM | #3
Well to be fair, the stipulation was and always has been "up to 5 days early" (until they bumped it up to 7 days). If you read what you signed up for, you would see that there wasn't a guarantee that you would get in 5 days early. Just be patient.

farrous
12.16.2011 , 12:41 AM | #4
I was under the impression that it was rolling out from the 13th and finishing on the 15th. But that is all fine if that's the case. Really the major issue is how it was poorly explained on the phone and how the rep I spoke to acted.

Ratae
12.16.2011 , 12:43 AM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  

Hi Farrous,

Pre-ordering the game and redeeming the pre-order code will grant you a period of early game access. We always said this would be up to five days, depending on how early the code was registered.

You will receive an email from us telling you when you have access to the game.

You will receive a product registration key at launch, either with your physical copy of the game, or if you ordered the digital version this will be sent by email. You will need to register this key to be able to continue playing the game after launch on December 20th.

Hope this clarifies the matter for you.
Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

farrous
12.16.2011 , 12:55 AM | #6
ya I basically figured it out from reading around. Its funny to see a response from you guys that quickly makes me wonder why I called and waited on hold so long. but thanks for clearing it up.

Kineel
12.16.2011 , 01:05 AM | #7
I have to admit, paying $XX and getting a code that is not the actual code used for registering the game is about as confusing as you could possibly make things.

Why not just have one code that is good for the entire party. After all if we ordered and paid before the game launch, that's pretty much "Pre-order" by any definition that I've ever heard.

"The Force is terribly weak in this one."