Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Light / Dark faction question (eg., Diplomacy)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Light / Dark faction question (eg., Diplomacy)

Subatomix
03.11.2012 , 03:36 PM | #1
So I currently have Diplomacy as a crew skill mainly to grind faction for Light. I mainly pvp and am a bit lazy wrt. running quests. So without Diplomacy I wouldn't be able to use many relics and some other gear (currently lvl 47).

My question is what the outlook is for faction beyond Light V. I'm almost there and would really like to ditch Diplomacy and get Underworld Trading so I can finally get all those UT metals I'm always having to buy off the GM.

Has anyone heard anything?

Any comments / inputs appreciated.

Are there other ways to grind out faction rep besides quests? Or will I be stuck having to run quests if I ditch Diplomacy?
You are overpowered. Nerf yourself before it's too late.
http://www.hasbro.com/nerf/en_US/shop/browse.cfm

Zataos
03.11.2012 , 03:44 PM | #2
If you pvp you will likely want to buy and use the champion relics which are better than the light/dark V in and out of pvp or if you don't need the 2nd relic buff then you are better off with going and getting a matrix cube for its stat increase.

Also, once I ditched diplomacy it was tough to keep Dark 5, you will lose it often if you do group stuff but then gain it back.
The Chaoticas Legacy -The Shadowlands Server - (40k kills)
(Havaos Jug 50) (Devaos Sorc 50) (Vorhen BH 50) (Venaos Sin 50) (Xaos BH 50) (Zorgen Jug 50) (Zataos Mara 50) (Gwaraos BH 50) (Xenaos Mara 42) (Tavaos Sin 50) (Jenaos Snip 41) (Scaraos Op 27) (Ravaos Jug 31) (Xinaos Sorc 32) (Dreadaos - Jug 22)

StealthStalker
03.11.2012 , 06:07 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Zataos View Post
If you pvp you will likely want to buy and use the champion relics which are better than the light/dark V in and out of pvp or if you don't need the 2nd relic buff then you are better off with going and getting a matrix cube for its stat increase.

Also, once I ditched diplomacy it was tough to keep Dark 5, you will lose it often if you do group stuff but then gain it back.
How would you ever lose alignment doing group content? Your choice in group content is what you get, you aren't affected by their choices. If your group has decided to choose one route or the other and you don't want to roll against them, just let the option time out.
Dual Targeting, any AAA MMO released today should have this included. Don't let your next one release without it.
Quote:
So what exactly is Dual Targeting? You have 2 targets available at all times, one offensive and one defensive. That's it, it's that simple.