Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What would be the ultimate, Dark Side strike team?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
What would be the ultimate, Dark Side strike team?

Aaryan-Blitz
03.10.2012 , 11:16 PM | #1
I am personally supporting these five;
Maul, Jango, Boba, Cad Bane, and Malgus with Malgus as the leader due to his battle XP, and Maul second in command because he is epic with the other three for support.

Discuss.........
Mandalore the Fierce

TheLonelyTusken
03.11.2012 , 01:36 AM | #2
Can this be anyone from anywhere in the dark side affiliation?

If so, Sidious, Vader pre-suit, Darth Sion, Hk-47 and probably Maul too.
/waveshands

You want to go home and rethink your life...

ReiKai
03.11.2012 , 05:30 AM | #3
Jango? No. Boba? No. Cad? No.

Sidious is not a "strike team" type of character. Neither is Vader. Pre-Suit was even worse because he was just a hyped up emo. HK-47 is good at assassinations, but is not exactly the quiet type. Sion is just a killing machine who can't die as long as he's on a dark-side aligned world or a place of heavy dark side energy, and even then he can die if he no longer possesses the will to keep himself alive.

You want a Five person strike team who can do the job? Well, lemme think a moment.

Darth Revan: Intelligent, cunning, tactical brilliance and powerful.

Darth Zannah: Charming, cunning and a powerful Sorceress. Has managed to get into the Jedi Temple without being discovered.

Darth Cognus (aka The Huntress): Excellent Foresight. Natural Force Disrupting talent. Highly Skilled.

Asajj Ventress: Quick. Skilled. Proven effective at infiltration.

Belia Darzu: Intelligent. Sith Alchemist and Shi'ido, which means she can take virtually any form or appearance, making her superb at infiltrating and tricking the enemy.
CE Owner: ...what? I wanted the music. I like music.
Statement: SGRA's - I support them. Do you have a problem with that, Meatbag?

Spartanik
03.11.2012 , 08:51 AM | #4
I gonna be extremely bias here be warned

Darth revan as leader. Not to much to say his gifted by the force on his charisma and tactical briliance.
Bastilla shan ( dark side version) i mean... batle meditation... will win alot of battles.
Then you could have Malgus ( a tank)
And also the awseomoness that is Ulic quel droma ( dark side version)
and lastly and not least ill go with canderous, or HK 47, having a non force user in a team it is always helpfull and sometimes can save the day.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

BrandonSM
03.11.2012 , 09:26 AM | #5
Vader(Post-Suit since that's his prime)
Sidious
Exar Kun
Caedus

Maul is way overrated...
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Aaryan-Blitz
03.11.2012 , 12:19 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Spartanik View Post
I gonna be extremely bias here be warned

Darth revan as leader. Not to much to say his gifted by the force on his charisma and tactical briliance.
Bastilla shan ( dark side version) i mean... batle meditation... will win alot of battles.
Then you could have Malgus ( a tank)
And also the awseomoness that is Ulic quel droma ( dark side version)
and lastly and not least ill go with canderous, or HK 47, having a non force user in a team it is always helpfull and sometimes can save the day.
I have to agree with the Bastilla idea. I replace Cad Bane
Mandalore the Fierce

Aaryan-Blitz
03.11.2012 , 12:21 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ReiKai View Post
Jango? No. Boba? No. Cad? No.

Sidious is not a "strike team" type of character. Neither is Vader. Pre-Suit was even worse because he was just a hyped up emo. HK-47 is good at assassinations, but is not exactly the quiet type. Sion is just a killing machine who can't die as long as he's on a dark-side aligned world or a place of heavy dark side energy, and even then he can die if he no longer possesses the will to keep himself alive.

You want a Five person strike team who can do the job? Well, lemme think a moment.

Darth Revan: Intelligent, cunning, tactical brilliance and powerful.

Darth Zannah: Charming, cunning and a powerful Sorceress. Has managed to get into the Jedi Temple without being discovered.

Darth Cognus (aka The Huntress): Excellent Foresight. Natural Force Disrupting talent. Highly Skilled.

Asajj Ventress: Quick. Skilled. Proven effective at infiltration.

Belia Darzu: Intelligent. Sith Alchemist and Shi'ido, which means she can take virtually any form or appearance, making her superb at infiltrating and tricking the enemy.

Fair point, but you have left yourself exposed if there are Ysasmari in place. also, five sith would NEVER get along. Two could, with a third being an apprentice, but i think more than that would get a little out of hand.
Mandalore the Fierce

ErikModi
03.11.2012 , 12:27 PM | #8
Grand Admiral Thrawn in command (obviously.)
Starkiller
Darth Maul
IG-88
General Greivous

I chose specifically those who make good "underlings," since Thrawn's plans needs great precision to be carried out, and those who work with him need to obey his orders to the letter. Starkiller may be problematic in that case, but if anyone could control him, it would be Thrawn, and the raw power he brings to the team would be valuable. Grievous is a powerhouse in his own right, and his natural cowardice could play an integral role in Thrawn's plans. IG-88 brings some much-needed non-Force fire support and technical savvy, while Darth Maul is the consumate Sith weapon.
Jedi vs. Sith, Page 97, column 2, paragraph 4, line 1:

Prior to the Battle of Ruusan, the Jedi used crystals from many different sources, and ignited lightsabers in every known hue, including purple, orange, and gold.

Aaryan-Blitz
03.11.2012 , 01:21 PM | #9
Thrawn would be my strike team's mission giver.
Mandalore the Fierce

ReiKai
03.11.2012 , 02:39 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Aaryan-Blitz View Post
Fair point, but you have left yourself exposed if there are Ysasmari in place. also, five sith would NEVER get along. Two could, with a third being an apprentice, but i think more than that would get a little out of hand.
Depends on circumstances. Zannah would train Cognus. And season 4 of TCW Asajj mellowed out a bit. Belia Darzu did work with other Sith, but they were all afraid of her and had her assassinated. Revan is a natural born leader. he could keep them all in line and functioning together. According to TOR he supposedly trained "A thousand dark apprentices". That's pretty nifty. Sith can get along if there's a mutual goal in mind they all need to see through to completion.

I picked them because this is supposed to be a Strike team, not "Most Powerful side-liners". Sidious manipulates from the background. he doesn't directly engage in conflict unless he's assured he'll win. Vader is slow and doesn't work with anyone other than Stormtroopers. As Anakin he may have had some sneaky moments, but as Vader he has no tactical ability for use in a Strike Team. Caedus to me was more of a joke than anything. he got to tick off Luke then get spanked for it.

I mostly chose people for different talents. Revan isn't just a power monger, he's a leader and tactician. Belia has things she can use to really cause havoc and leave opposing forces in disarray. Ventress can sabotage areas as needed or fight off enemy forces. Zannah is more of a defender, but her power as a Sorceress is handy as she mainly focuses on twisting peoples minds. Then there's Cognus who can find and discern the best route to take to their goal with the highest rate of success. These five working together would make an excellent team.
CE Owner: ...what? I wanted the music. I like music.
Statement: SGRA's - I support them. Do you have a problem with that, Meatbag?