Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So many issues about this game.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
So many issues about this game.

Anarkya
12.16.2011 , 12:11 AM | #1
Don't get me wrong, I love this game but there's a lot of issues related to it and it's making me hate it a bit.

1- Instancing.
Switching instances to meet your friends or your group = crash. I know others have issues with this as well.
If it doesn't crash to desktop, you get stuck at the loading bar at 50%

2- iPhone app not working.
I know a fix is on it's way, but still.

3- I can't even look at my own post count.
When I click it on my own profile, it's telling me I don't have access to them.

4- Insane lag.
Everywhere!
The only places I lag less, are my phase quests where I'm alone.
I doubt it's a computer issue.

5- Guild list not loading.
32 persons from my guilds are online. Clicking the guild tab gives me a blank page like no one's online.

It's very frustrating.

I understand it's a launch, but it feels like it's still a beta.

Ana <Axis> - Sith Sorcerer - The Fatman
facebook.com/groups/SWTORTheFatman/

Operandi
12.16.2011 , 12:14 AM | #2
Not everyone has those issues alot of em are Client side / user failure. Me and the 32 people in my guild taht are currently all on TS and talking to each other have ZERO problems with the game.

The one issue people talk about which is lag, we found out is caused by shadow effects. Just go into Interface > Graphics > advanced > shadows and turn them off. you should see Significant improvement. If you still lag at that point its your set up or your net.
BodyGuard Bounty Hunter.
Bounty Hunter Officer of Resurgence. Vulkar Highway
http://www.resurgenceguild.us/forums/forum.php

Riparian
12.16.2011 , 12:14 AM | #3
at least you are in, I pre ordered and registered before early access and am still waiting to get in...........

Septarius
12.16.2011 , 12:14 AM | #4
Can't say about the other points as I am not in yet but on on point 2 I just setup my iPhone to use the mobile authenticator. It was down earlier, might give it another try. https://account.swtor.com/user/security-key

I didn't take a screenshot before hand but there should be an option for a mobile security key.

Emeralddragon
12.16.2011 , 12:15 AM | #5
You also have 6-10 times more people on the game than beta did. People all have different computers with different software/hardware setups. There is always going to be something that was overlooked. Right now most of the posts are from people just trying to get attention and QQ about stupid stuff. Issues need to be properly documented and a forum is not designed efficiently enough to do that. They need to have a bug report system online (not in game) to take care of the known issues and tally them into a database.

I'm sure things will eventually get worked out.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
-Albert Einstein