Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2nd Boss in Mandalorian Raiders - Can't CC, Intentional?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
2nd Boss in Mandalorian Raiders - Can't CC, Intentional?

Farabee
12.15.2011 , 11:42 PM | #1
Pretty much what the topic says. CC doesn't work on these guys at all.

Is that intended? I can see maybe on Hard mode but on normal it really becomes trial and error and a lot of luck to get past this encounter. Ran it twice and both runs had multiple wipes on this boss.
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded. -Imperium proverb

VanCarak
12.16.2011 , 12:08 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
Pretty much what the topic says. CC doesn't work on these guys at all.

Is that intended? I can see maybe on Hard mode but on normal it really becomes trial and error and a lot of luck to get past this encounter. Ran it twice and both runs had multiple wipes on this boss.
Umm, bosses that can't be cc'ed are common in WoW and LotRO both, I've seen it. Most elite enemies are immune to cc in the world as well in TOR. None of my CC's worked for my JK Guardian against Silvers or above.

So I'd say that it was intentional. No fun if there's no challenge.
Cathar? Pshaw! That's so last patch. Give us Shistavanen, or give us Death!

Efertin
12.16.2011 , 12:25 AM | #3
2 manned the boss multiple times, zero wipes. Just saying.

Faolon
12.16.2011 , 01:11 AM | #4
Is that the group of Republic NPCs? The two Jedi, the Smuggler and the Trooper?

Just kill the Sentinel first, then the Consular, then the other two.
"I will show you things... wonderful, terrible things."

champkareem
12.16.2011 , 03:32 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Efertin View Post
???? What level were you? I ran it twice last night. One wipe =/ Starting the fight was like a Royal Rumble wrestling match...
Squadron 11-11-11 *Never Forget*

somejerk
12.16.2011 , 03:44 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by champkareem View Post
???? What level were you? I ran it twice last night. One wipe =/ Starting the fight was like a Royal Rumble wrestling match...
Voice over coordination goes a long ways. Well for me at least

Farabee
12.16.2011 , 04:15 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Efertin View Post
Doesn't it feel great to contribute absolutely nothing to this conversation? Reported for trolling.

All I'm saying, is there are people on this bored who are whining about the difficulty of Hammer Station. An instance you readily CAN 2-man, mind you. Can you imagine what they'll say when they try this boss?

Edit: Oh, and there's a YouTube video of people duoing it. As level 32s. In a level 25 instance. Most of the other Youtube videos I've seen for this instance involve people who are also massively over-level for this place, from level 28-30.

My party last night was made up of entirely level 25s. The first run I did was 3 25s and a 22 BH.
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded. -Imperium proverb

champkareem
12.16.2011 , 04:22 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by somejerk View Post
Voice over coordination goes a long ways. Well for me at least
I marked the bosses, i told every to LOS on the left and i LOS'ed the ranged bosses.... Still turned into Royal Rumble. It wasnt hard, but not having an aoe taunt and the knight jumping all over the place... =/

If you dont mind me asking, could you give me a rundown on which order you and your group did the bosses?
Squadron 11-11-11 *Never Forget*

Ashane
12.16.2011 , 05:42 AM | #9
They use to be CC'able, however it made them extremely easy.

The last beta they became CC immune and got health buffs all the way around, as well as the "rage" mechanic actually working better than it did before.

Personally, for its intended level, its overtuned compared to say.. Cadamimu. (Or however you spell that place)

Just remember not to save the Consular for last, as Earthquake will wreck your **** up. Same with the Trooper. We usually go Sent -> Consular -> DPS both BH/Trooper down to about 10%, then burn Trooper and BH last.
Ashane | Flameborne

PvP Video's: Aion CBT Aion OB

Farabee
12.16.2011 , 11:23 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashane View Post
They use to be CC'able, however it made them extremely easy.

The last beta they became CC immune and got health buffs all the way around, as well as the "rage" mechanic actually working better than it did before.

Personally, for its intended level, its overtuned compared to say.. Cadamimu. (Or however you spell that place)

Just remember not to save the Consular for last, as Earthquake will wreck your **** up. Same with the Trooper. We usually go Sent -> Consular -> DPS both BH/Trooper down to about 10%, then burn Trooper and BH last.
Thank you. Finally some sense in this thread.

On the first run (the one with the 22 in it) we only killed it because it bugged and only left the Trooper and Smuggler up.

On the 2nd run, where everyone was 25 (think the other Juggernaut dinged midrun though so 26 perhaps) we went Sent -> Trooper -> Consular -> Smuggler. Was pretty close even with the aggro-dropping Sentinel out of the picture early.

I'm not crying for nerfs, but if this is the intended difficulty you may want to bump the other 2 bosses to this level for consistency purposes, because the first and last bosses feel like utter pushovers compared to this fight. The last boss is arguably easier than anything in BT/Esseles, even.