Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How Darth Maul is alive

AetosV
03.10.2012 , 09:49 AM | #11
I don't care how Darth Maul is returing- his return is downright stupid. Darth Maul was NEVER EVER EVER EVER (this cannot be stressed enough) EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER supposed to be anything more than an animal- a convinent tool used by Darth Sidious simply to let the Jedi know that the Sith had returned. As if Dave Filoni (director of The Clone Wars) hadn't perverted the Star Wars universe enough (I.E. peaceful Mandalorians, killing Even Piell long before he was supposed to die, giving Skywalker a Padawan, making General Grievous a bumbling idiot, changing Asajj Ventress from a Rattataki to a Dathomiri, resurrecting Eeth Koth who was supposed to have died at the Battle of Geonosis) now they're bringing back a two-bit, fifteen-minutes-of-fame villian from a cruddy movie?? Darth Maul was a two-dimensinal character played by a two-dimensinal actor with less-than-impressive Kendo skills. Just because he has a saberstaff, 98.9 percent of Star Wars fans drooled over him, and are drooling over his return. He was a worthless character- to prove that, Lucas KILLED HIM OFF. There is no reason whatsoever for Filoni to go ripping apart Star Wars lore, there's even less reason to bring Maul back, and there's even less reason for anyone on earth to like it.

AetosV
03.10.2012 , 09:56 AM | #12
And the whole "air-vent" survival is the most contrived garbage I've ever heard. First, the hole at which Darth Maul was slain- for he was slain- was a plasma mining conduit. There would be no air-vents. None.

Secondly, Darth Maul was sliced completely in half. No one- NO ONE- survives something like that, no matter how "powerful in the Force" (Darth Maul wasn't even remotely powerful, either). When he was cut in half, he was dead before even toppling into the abyss. Seriously, a crappy character shows up, spins a double-lightsaber and this is all it takes to make him the hero of children? This is why the other countries are winning.

_Mosh
03.10.2012 , 10:15 AM | #13
George Lucas is letting the clone wars series ruin star wars the way it was, this guy is throwing so much retarded **** into the cartoon that it feels more like a whole different type of star wars. Might as well take out the lightsabers and call it something else. Maul coming back is just retarded, they should pull the plug on that series just for it. I know star wars is a sci-fi fantasy but it has its roots, and lets keep it realistic from its roots. This is just ridiculous for star wars. Whats done is done though, Atleast I got KOTOR to go back to and relive a real star wars story! :P

Wolfninjajedi
03.10.2012 , 10:22 AM | #14
As long as its below G-canon im alright with it.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Metallistic
03.10.2012 , 10:29 AM | #15
The Clone Wars series gang ***** the Star Wars story over and over and over and over again... I can not believe that there are so many people enjoying such downright stupid, worthless and illogical on so many levels, piece of steaming rotten crap.
Server: Jung Ma
IGN: Crypticus

Wolfninjajedi
03.10.2012 , 10:30 AM | #16
Well look at it this way folks....Maul gets to die, again!
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

ReiKai
03.10.2012 , 12:13 PM | #17
I'm going to make a few points here.

1. People have survived WORSE than being bisected like Maul has. In fact, an ancient Sith Lord survived as nothing but a Head, keeping himself alive via the Force until he could be put into a life-support system in a container. Naga Sadow would eventually kill him and blame his death on the Republic to bring the Sith Lords to his cause in invading the Republic.

2. Zabrak biology is somewhat iffy. They have two hearts, so it is possible to survive bisection, especially when the wound is cauterized. Shock would normally kill anyone, but given the Force and his innate strong will, he managed to survive. Moreso because of Story than anything else.

3. Anakin had both legs cut off and his other arm and was being burned by lava and still survived. Lava is over 1100 degrees fehrenheit. He shouldn't have survived being that close, yet he does to become Vader.

Essentially, if the Writers will it, anyone can survive anything. Truthfully, I can see why you wouldn't want to see Maul brought back in TCW. I would rather have had separate episodes made explaining Maul's past rather than his survival. Such as Maul eviscerating the Black Sun organization and killing several Jedi prior to the events of Ep1.
CE Owner: ...what? I wanted the music. I like music.
Statement: SGRA's - I support them. Do you have a problem with that, Meatbag?

Antipathize
03.10.2012 , 12:26 PM | #18
Thing is, everyone else who survived stuff like this (Luke, Anakin, Boba) had someone rescue them for specific reasons. Be it friendship, a vested interest in the future of the dark side, money or influence, etc. Maul has nothing and is nothing. Evil incarnate and just like palp, was left to die.

I'm not saying he can't come back, but it would make more sense to clone him from a body part or something versus this. And as a dark Jedi character, he's never really fully developed, and is only half the man vader was.

bionamaster
03.10.2012 , 12:31 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
There is a comic, that has Maul actually show up on Tatooine sometime after episode III. I can't remember if it Obi Wan that nails him or Owen Lars ending up shooting him.
Lars. Miraculously, from what i read, he survived having is head blown clean off. Came back in a podracing video game
Reminder: Mechanized posting is for non-trolling business only. Enjoy your stay.
Parrius, Level 55 Jedi Sentinel Parian, Level 20 Commando
Tremarr Legacy, CE Subbed since Launch, Shadowlands Server
For the Republic!

bionamaster
03.10.2012 , 12:33 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by AetosV View Post
I don't care how Darth Maul is returing- his return is downright stupid. Darth Maul was NEVER EVER EVER EVER (this cannot be stressed enough) EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER supposed to be anything more than an animal- a convinent tool used by Darth Sidious simply to let the Jedi know that the Sith had returned. As if Dave Filoni (director of The Clone Wars) hadn't perverted the Star Wars universe enough (I.E. peaceful Mandalorians, killing Even Piell long before he was supposed to die, giving Skywalker a Padawan, making General Grievous a bumbling idiot, changing Asajj Ventress from a Rattataki to a Dathomiri, resurrecting Eeth Koth who was supposed to have died at the Battle of Geonosis) now they're bringing back a two-bit, fifteen-minutes-of-fame villian from a cruddy movie?? Darth Maul was a two-dimensinal character played by a two-dimensinal actor with less-than-impressive Kendo skills. Just because he has a saberstaff, 98.9 percent of Star Wars fans drooled over him, and are drooling over his return. He was a worthless character- to prove that, Lucas KILLED HIM OFF. There is no reason whatsoever for Filoni to go ripping apart Star Wars lore, there's even less reason to bring Maul back, and there's even less reason for anyone on earth to like it.
Stand down, this borders the realm of trolling. Maul may have been 2-d in the movie, but it has encouraged many a writer and producer to give him life.....and android legs........
Reminder: Mechanized posting is for non-trolling business only. Enjoy your stay.
Parrius, Level 55 Jedi Sentinel Parian, Level 20 Commando
Tremarr Legacy, CE Subbed since Launch, Shadowlands Server
For the Republic!