Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New lightsaber style idea

Gueeble
03.08.2012 , 08:52 PM | #1
Hi, I have a suggestion for a new option in the option menu in game , the created option should allow players to choose which position to hold their lightsaber, for example in the video game "Star Wars: The Force Unleashed" the main character of the story wields his lightsabers backwards, I think that this should be an option in the game to have for all jedi/sith characters, excluding the shadows/assassins because that be fairly pointless to them, but that feature would be wicked sweet to have on characters, i can imagine seeing a jedi sentinel or a sith inquisitor running around with a lightsaber being held backwards , thanks for hearing out my suggestion, have a good day

georgelue
03.08.2012 , 11:48 PM | #2
I would love to see this as an option that comes with the legacy system!

/signed
Noxious Jen'ari
Hardcore │ PVE │ PVP │ PST
Website FAQ Guild HQ

Norke
03.08.2012 , 11:52 PM | #3
I dig the idea, and to expand and tack on to that idea, i'd love to be able to pick how my character holds his lightsaber. While the way my SW holds his saber is cool, I'd much rather hold it like a Jedi Sage or even Jedi Guardian does.
Norke - Level 50 Sith Juggernaut
Give me Kel Dors or give me death!

Cogitari
03.08.2012 , 11:57 PM | #4
I think they should add multiple stances. Sure it'd kill the animators but it'd be amazing. Need a little diversity.

They should come up with some kind of pivoting animation system so they don't have to do any work.

ChinMaki
03.09.2012 , 01:18 AM | #5
I just want to see you having an actual Juyo or Ataru stance when you are activatiing it.

Sapphix
03.10.2012 , 06:17 AM | #6
I agree beyond lightsabers. Give all classes new weapons stances, more 'resting' animations (I believe the Chiss and Rakka people already have an alternative resting loop), all sorts of social animations from dying to reviving.

I guess we just have to wait for the fluff... unless they hire a bunch of people to sit around and polish. I like the direction they are going and I understand it takes time to plan but take a few chances with this simple stuff - it can't be no more fubar than skyrim'n dragons.

Darth-Rion
03.10.2012 , 07:17 AM | #7
They should really just scrap the "this class holds it this way" and add them to the stances.

Fair enough, I know Inq / Consulars don't use stances but I'm sure they could work something. At the minute we have

Sith warrior - Holds lightsaber at side in one hand.
Jedi Knight - Holds lightsaber like a two handed sword at their side, straight up.
Consular / Inquisior - Holds lightsaber slightly behind them to one side.

Then there's some NPC's who hold it with both hands but angled infront of them.

There's four stances that could be used for the actual stances.

AdamGe
03.10.2012 , 09:15 AM | #8
/ signed

Would love to see the ability to change your stance/how you hold your saber! And we need lots of variety!

ombraa
03.10.2012 , 09:18 AM | #9
I like this idea a lot