Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question on Orange Gear armor value, and Mods

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Question on Orange Gear armor value, and Mods

--Alerion--
03.09.2012 , 04:35 PM | #1
Hello, this is a pretty simple question that I have. I don't believe I fully understand all there is to know, and be aware of about mods, and armor. When you recieve a piece of orange gear through one of the various means, and upgrade it with higher level mods: Say the level 20 PvP chest piece upgraded with level 40 Mods, does the armor value never change?

I ask this because I modded one of the first orange pieces I earned via quest in Kaas City, upgraded it with level 30+ mods and the armor rating did not seem to go up at all, in fact it still sits on +25 Armor.

-Edited

Ludstar
03.09.2012 , 04:37 PM | #2
Armor value changes when you change the armoring mod.

most armor has 3 mod slots, armor mod & enhancement. Some only have 2.

VanorDM
03.09.2012 , 04:38 PM | #3
Sometimes when you put a new armor mod in the armor value won't change because the UI doesn't update properly. But if you hit ctrl + u twice you'll see the armor rating update.

--Alerion--
03.09.2012 , 04:39 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Ludstar View Post
Armor value changes when you change the armoring mod.
The thing is I have a Blue level 31 mod in the Armoring slot, but no change to rating.

--Alerion--
03.09.2012 , 04:39 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by VanorDM View Post
Sometimes when you put a new armor mod in the armor value won't change because the UI doesn't update properly. But if you hit ctrl + u twice you'll see the armor rating update.
Ah! Thank you both.