Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Panel Discussion] Player vs. Player (3:00PM CST)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Panel Discussion] Player vs. Player (3:00PM CST)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Foker
03.09.2012 , 09:50 AM | #211
So let me get this clear. You mentioned 8 man queuing at the guild summit. How do you think your customer base would feel if you changed your mind on that? Also how can you expect people to be ranked, if they have to be queued with people they do not know? More often then not pugs never do what you expect them to do, nor are they in vent to give us heads up. Or worse, give up when they get there 4 medals (btw you should take away the rewards for this, unless they win, at least lower it drastically.. it does not matter if you lose right now)

You guys should wait to release ranked warzones, if you are not going to release 8 man queue with it.

I really hope that David Bass is idiot and does not know what he is talking about. Or you really need to have a sit down with the people that think it is a good idea not to release 8 man queuing.

Magnesium
03.09.2012 , 09:53 AM | #212
I think we need a petition for no ranked zone if there is no 8man queuing.

Aquatium Only in Light can a Shadow exist
Maelstrom
Recruitment Video | Website | Forums | YouTube Channel | Recruitment Post

Megatfx
03.09.2012 , 10:06 AM | #213
This is killing the game for your pvpers bioware. The whole purpose of ranked warzones was so we COULD queue as an 8 man team.

thenewzero
03.09.2012 , 10:11 AM | #214
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidBass View Post
Just to clarify, since I've seen this question a number of times in this thread. What we said was:
  • Cross-server PvP queuing is in the works
  • Once it launches, it will allow us to do things such as:
  • More level bracketing
  • 8-man premade queuing
  • Ability to queue for a specific warzone

There is no current timeline for this feature, and there's also no guarantee that it will all happen at once, but cross-server queuing will open up a bunch of possibilities for us. Once we have more details, of course, we will let you know.
I used to be a big proponent of level bracketing when we had to deal with the geared level 50s being in the same WZ as level 15s and level 24s, etc. But now that the level 50s are separated, level gaps don't feel like as much of an issue. The bolster effect actually works pretty well when max level PvP gear isn't involved. My level 18 Gunslinger is capable of handing a level 46 player their butt on a platter, so long as I play my cards right. They do have an advantage, but it's more in versatile utility than anything else. I rarely come across someone that I don't at least feel like I put up a good fight against, even if I lose.

So my question is: Will this be a 'hard' bracketing system, in that only levels 10-19 fight against each other and only levels 30-39 fight against each other (ala every other MMO)? Or will it be a 'soft' bracketing system, where the game attempts to group players together in closer level ranges, but will accept wider level ranges to moderate queue times and if players in different level brackets want to queue together?

Basically, I'm wondering if I will be able to queue up with my friend who levels up in our previous Warzone and is now in another level bracket? Or if I will have to grind my way up 15 levels before I can play with my other friend because he has more time to play than I do? Currently, I don't have to do this, as I can decide to queue up today with my 18 Gunslinger alt to mix things up a bit, even though my best friend is playing his 42 Mercenary main, and we can still play together, and I love it.
I support SGRA in SW:TOR.

islander
03.09.2012 , 10:12 AM | #215
Quote: Originally Posted by cnosyt View Post
8-man queuing is essential. The fact you cannot make a group of all guild-mates/friends to do ranked war-zones is absurd. If this patch is released without full premade capabilities you will see a LOT of backlash. Terrible idea, no reason not to have 8-mans implemented now.
This.

The lack of 8 man queueing makes ranked group pvp fundamentally flawed. This is a very basic functionality in group PvP that is just a failure that it's not implemented by now.
Gllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

StephenReid
03.09.2012 , 10:23 AM | #216
Quote: Originally Posted by cnosyt View Post
8-man queuing is essential. The fact you cannot make a group of all guild-mates/friends to do ranked war-zones is absurd. If this patch is released without full premade capabilities you will see a LOT of backlash. Terrible idea, no reason not to have 8-mans implemented now.
David was trying to clarify the 'Future of Warzones' section of the PvP presentation, but that's caused a bit more confusion; apologies. I huddled with Gabe Amatangelo about this question and got a definitive answer.

You can queue as an eight-man Operations group in Game Update 1.2, for ranked Warzones only.

In the future, whenever cross-server Warzone queuing is possible, the plan is to allow people to create teams of eight which can be named, etc.

The PvP team is aware of the importance of ranked Warzones and PvP rankings in general, hence allowing eight-man queuing. Apologies again for the confusion. We hope everyone's going to enjoy the feature!

HuntinSikness
03.09.2012 , 10:24 AM | #217
EDIT : Huge wall of flame removed due to the correction made.
Guac <Republic's Elite> [Mandalore the Indomitable].

Silverjoe
03.09.2012 , 10:29 AM | #218
no 8 man queud for ranked wrazone in 1.2 means i canceled my subs i dont gonna pay a game where i cant queued whit my full premade in a premade system ranking gg
RANKING = PREMADE
PREMADE = A LOT OF FRIEND TOGETHER
if you cant queue more than 8 than you dont deserve to play ranking

Rapto
03.09.2012 , 10:34 AM | #219
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
David was trying to clarify the 'Future of Warzones' section of the PvP presentation, but that's caused a bit more confusion; apologies. I huddled with Gabe Amatangelo about this question and got a definitive answer.

You can queue as an eight-man Operations group in Game Update 1.2, for ranked Warzones only.

In the future, whenever cross-server Warzone queuing is possible, the plan is to allow people to create teams of eight which can be named, etc.

The PvP team is aware of the importance of ranked Warzones and PvP rankings in general, hence allowing eight-man queuing. Apologies again for the confusion. We hope everyone's going to enjoy the feature!
Thank you for the quick update, the way he worded it almost killed your game as that post was spreading like wildfire everywhere.
Coot - Terentatek

jackccc
03.09.2012 , 10:38 AM | #220
Quote: Originally Posted by Rapto View Post
Thank you for the quick update, the way he worded it almost killed your game as that post was spreading like wildfire everywhere.
yea LOL.
<╬SPCR╬>
Invitation-Only, Competitive PVP Community
Jung Ma (RP-PvP) bmore LvL 50 Sage