Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Parents and Kids playing?

Dragkun
03.09.2012 , 09:30 AM | #1
I have a son playing and I was wondering how many other parents out there are playing the game with their kids.

Almghty_gir
03.09.2012 , 09:32 AM | #2
i have two sons and a daughter (and a "something" on the way... we don't know the gender yet). all three play video games, and all three have a character on my account.

we're moving house soon, at which point the eldest (12 atm) will be getting his own pc and account.
Bruglir Fellblade - Dark Jedi.
Guild leader - Vulgar Display of Power
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

ferroz
03.09.2012 , 09:34 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Dragkun View Post
I have a son playing and I was wondering how many other parents out there are playing the game with their kids.
I have a friend who was playing... his cahracter name was "Cool'<son'sName>"

but he kind of lost Interset after getting through Tython... I he's a bit young for the game, even though he's starwars craszy.

Quraswren
03.09.2012 , 09:34 AM | #4
Thats me.

My son is 11 and we love to play this game together.
Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
What you get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Dragkun
03.09.2012 , 09:37 AM | #5
Awesome, my son is actually 6 and I made him try the game on my account for awhile before getting him his own. I always surprised at how kids these days are so tech-saavy.

Viashivon
03.09.2012 , 09:40 AM | #6
Both my wife and my 19yr son play. So yeah, I have one playing with us.

Ebbikenezer
03.09.2012 , 09:41 AM | #7
I have a ten year old son who is playing a Sith Warrior on his Uncle's server. Not bad since we play at different times and different servers he gets to get some Uncle time in, I get my time in and it's on the same account.

He is on Infinity Gate, Mosiah is his toon's name (his name IRL, he never makes up silly names LOL), say hi and feel free to lend a hand if you see him!!!

Nice thread, refreshing to say the least OP!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

Quraswren
03.09.2012 , 09:42 AM | #8
Awesome, my son is actually 6 and I made him try the game on my account for awhile before getting him his own. I always surprised at how kids these days are so tech-saavy.
I know what you mean. I hate to get a little off topic but my 11 year old came home talking about needing to make a power point slide show about weather patterns.

I said sure, I'll help you.

Turns out he didn't need me at all and put in all the, verbage, pictures, transitions and adjusted the time frames for each slide.

I was shocked as I had never seen him do anything with power point before, must less get do it all.

Playing SW together has been a blast for us.
Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
What you get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Vagessel
03.09.2012 , 09:47 AM | #9
Over the years I have personally known many gaming families, specifically parents playing with their kids. It's pretty common. I believe people who got into gaming are now somehow managing to procreate (at least enough of them) so for their generation and bracket doing missions together will take the role of "playing catch" or "storytime."

It's interesting because it puts the parent and kid in an even footing in the game world instead of the kid being in the weaker more passive role in the traditional RL way.
I read that they had 1.7 million, but to be honest, I'm not the least bit concerned. I'm playing the game and having a ball.

In fact, the only time I realize that I'm not having fun is when I read these boards.

AAmedeo
03.09.2012 , 09:47 AM | #10
Yea, my son plays too. But he's 27 yrs old, lol. So this thread could have been titled "How many of you guys has your old foogie dad also playing". hehe.