Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Camera movement delay/sensitivity issue

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Camera movement delay/sensitivity issue

omgJOHN
12.15.2011 , 04:32 PM | #1
Hello

Just started playing SWTOR yesterday. Haven't had much time to do so, but I'm looking forward to getting a bit more time in during the next couple of weeks.

Anyway.

I noticed something odd when I was using the camera controls to look around while holding the right mouse button. I've heard it mentioned a few times, but nothing really addressing it as far as I can tell.

I have a split second delay when moving the camera in any direction. It's not a huge deal, but it is very frustrating when combined with the strangely sensitive camera controls. It has made navigating the world a bit of a chore at times.

Granted, I did get used to it a bit after an hour of play, but occasionally I'd forget and move my mouse as quickly as I'm used to, and suddenly I had no idea which direction I was facing.

I realize that all MMOs launch with some issues, and as those go, this is relatively minor. Though it has been rather annoying to me.

I was wondering if anyone has been having similar issues, and if there is some kind of solution out there I may have missed.

I'd appreciate any help in this area.

jtzako
12.15.2011 , 04:43 PM | #2
That is something that happened to me in beta and I'm almost positive it was related to graphics settings. I would reset the graphics properties to low and hit apply and see if that helps. If it does, then try medium or high (remember to hit apply after).

Genesiiz
12.15.2011 , 08:10 PM | #3
Having the same issue even tho I lowered my graphic settings. I have a decent computer so that's not the problem.

Please help :|

HotNoob
12.15.2011 , 10:36 PM | #4
i've got the same issue.

and im using a nvidia geforce 420 gpu right now.
works fine on my laptop which is a 520m, but my laptops being repaired right now :S
---
my really old crappy pc used to have that issue with guitar hero, but they had a graphics delay setting thing that made it easy to fix... but i cant find one on swtor
Google+ | HotNoob.com | YouTube

Squadron 11.11.11 | Turkey Squadron
If You Are Reading This, It's Cause I Was Waiting For The Server Queue's

Paralassa
12.15.2011 , 10:47 PM | #5
Hi there!

There is an active discussion thread for this topic:

Camera Sensitivity is Out of Control

In the interest of consolidating discussion, we have closed this thread and ask that you use the one linked above for any further discussion. Thank you!