Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

Augustsson
12.13.2011 , 10:51 AM | #2821
Quote: Originally Posted by fanuvstarwars View Post
I whole heartedly agree. The servers are screwed on the 20th. They should just open the flood gates today. Just do it.
Let chaos reign supreme!

NunoCosta
12.13.2011 , 10:51 AM | #2822
There are 2 key issues those who whine are failing to see.

1- They said "UP TO 5 days" back when the EU date was still 22, so now you have a chance of be online 4 days earlier. why complain??

2 - BW never mentioned it was when you Ordered your game, but when you REDEEMED your code. Forget when you ordered. Focus on when you redeemed.

Sonnung
12.13.2011 , 10:51 AM | #2823
I'm in with the rest of you, pre-ordered on the 25th of July and still waiting. Was a beta tester since August as well. Guess I'm just eager to get back into this awesome game. Ah well, time to sit back with a stiff drink and watch the trolls burn the thread to the ground. Happy hunting!

Sandruzzo
12.13.2011 , 10:51 AM | #2824
In the meanwhile... i am eating my mouse.................
Conqueror Sandi - Sith Sorcerer - Disciples of Babylon

LeetMiniWheat
12.13.2011 , 10:51 AM | #2825
from what i gather, they finished the 22nd people and some of the 23rd. so we can conclude that 23rd and 24th are next, if not maybe part of 25th too.
(█████████████████████Ξ█||||||()██()||||||█Ξ█████████████████████)

diamond
12.13.2011 , 10:51 AM | #2826
I didnt get invite in 3rd ware. Got my preorder on 24 July.
goboy

Startesterme
12.13.2011 , 10:51 AM | #2827
Let people in that want to play. Ques are a part of launch. Staggered launch then going home for the day is insanity.

I would expect a staggered launch then going home for the day and shutting down invites from an independent developer, not a big company. Actually let me take that back, I wouldn't expect it from any company.

Swordy
12.13.2011 , 10:51 AM | #2828
This is a spectacular failure from Bioware here.

Their failure is not in how they have approached the Early Access, which seems reasonable, but in their total lack of communication about anything. They have essentially buried their heads in the sand for the "oncoming storm" of angry customers, merged everything into one long thread so that they automatically have the excuse that they "didn't see it", and absolutely refuse to discuss any timings.

I would understand if we preordered in middle of August or something, but there are those of us who are right on the borderline for late July preorders that are basically **** out of luck. We don't want to miss our time and Bioware (and their representatives on Twitter) are point blank refusing to discuss it.

They have said that the "plan" was always for four waves of invites per day. Why exactly did they not tell us this? Why did they not tell us the distribution of preorders before today?

There are no excuses for this outside of "we're worried that we will **** it up and don't want to look like idiots".

I cannot believe the level of service that Bioware is providing on a day as important to them as today. They are EA bad in how they have done this.

"Right well, you customers will get Early Game Access, but we don't know when and we can't tell you if it will be today or in seven days, nor can we tell you the times when we are sending out the invites, nor cane we tell you when we know this or on what factors it is based. Please sit there refreshing your email inbox until you get in"

When you have other companies that go out if their way to help you, this is just unacceptable from a customer service perspective. If I provided this as an answer to a customer (and I'm in the software business), I'd be sacked immediately and with good reason.

Kenavalon
12.13.2011 , 10:51 AM | #2829
Quote: Originally Posted by Nagrad View Post
Actually if you look at the preorder receipt here are the two line items:

Product SKU: 71185
Product Name: STAR WARS(TM): The Old Republic(TM) Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order
Qty Ordered: 1
Amount: $5.00

Product SKU: 71199
Product Name: STAR WARS(TM): The Old Republic(TM) Digital Deluxe Edition (Pre-Ordered)
Anticipated Released Date: Targeting Holiday 2011
Qty Ordered: 1
Amount: $74.99

As you can clearly see, they charged $5 for the "honor" of pre-ordering. I remember when this happened thinking it was crazy that they charge additional fees for us giving them money for a game that doesn't even exist yet, but I was happy to pay it for EGA. Regardless you can have you facepalm emote back.
Wow, math fail. You have all the info right there, but you still can't figure it out? The Digital Deluxe edition is $79.99. You have $5 + $74.99. That equals $79.99. You did not pay an "additional" fee. It's the total "fee" broken down into 2 parts.

I think we need to locate that facepalm emote still....
Until 12-20-11

"Red Five, standing by...."

Heffernanx
12.13.2011 , 10:51 AM | #2830
Quote: Originally Posted by TheDawnedone View Post
Dev should lock the thread in order to prevent idiot flamers, this is a privilege not your bloody birth right
i payd 150$ for being able to play today so ****..
ị‖◚◚◚◚◚‖ị۝ị[/LULZ I CAN HAS A LIGHTSABER TOO/]