Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Taking Screenshots?

Allyhoo
12.15.2011 , 10:44 PM | #1
How do you take ingame screenshots?

Sorry for asking, but with search disabled and a google search fruitless I thought I'd ask.

Savara
12.15.2011 , 11:08 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Allyhoo View Post
How do you take ingame screenshots?

Sorry for asking, but with search disabled and a google search fruitless I thought I'd ask.
Just a guess, as I didn't attempt taking any during beta -- have you tried good old Print Screen? Tap that and check in the file for a Screenshots folder?
Nyateneri - Chii | Sava'ra - Enaeru | Senre - Enaeru | Nyateneri-- Enaeru
----Cleric ------- Entertainer ------- Priest | Druid ------ Chanter | Spiritmaster ----Mage--
Squadron 11.11.11

mathisk
12.15.2011 , 11:13 PM | #3
The default keymapping has the "Print Screen" button take screenshots, and they're stored in your "My Documents" under the folder "Star Wars - The Old Republic\Screenshots".

JekRendar
12.16.2011 , 12:10 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by mathisk View Post
The default keymapping has the "Print Screen" button take screenshots, and they're stored in your "My Documents" under the folder "Star Wars - The Old Republic\Screenshots".
Some times Print Screen works, other times it doesn't. I've taken quite a few screenshots, but they don't always save.

Remapping solved the problem.
Star Wars Galaxies (Starsider): June 27, 2003 - December 15, 2011

Rondros
12.17.2011 , 09:43 PM | #5
Thanks. Documents/Star Wars - The Old Republic/Screenshots

Poggle
12.18.2011 , 01:14 AM | #6
Good to know. Is there a way to remap it to a different folder? I have my drive partitioned and it is saving it to a partition used solely for the OS.
Korriban's Fist

Jinteki
12.18.2011 , 06:12 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by JekRendar View Post
Some times Print Screen works, other times it doesn't. I've taken quite a few screenshots, but they don't always save.

Remapping solved the problem.
How does one go about remapping?

I also seem to have a problem when screenshots show up in folder, they are completely black. No image at all. Anyway to fix that?
ᚾᛖᛖᛞ ᛃᛟᛒ, ᛈᛚᛖᚨᛊᛖ ᚺᛁᚱᛖ

Tenneth
12.18.2011 , 06:36 PM | #8
Hey guys,

There's 3 different ways to take an in-game snapshot. First of which is to press the
Prnt Scrn button on your keyboard (located above Insert, right next to the Backspace button).

The other way you can take a screenshot is with the in-game item called the
Holocamera. This was provided to anyone who pre-ordered the Deluxe Digital version of the game or the Collectors Edition. If you have purchased one of these versions and do not have it, please register your pre-order code here.

You can alternatively install 3rd party software (like Fraps) onto your computer, which allows you to bind a hotkey to take screenshots.

Hope this helps answer some questions and clear up any confusion!

Regards,
Tenneth

blindxsecrets
12.19.2011 , 12:27 AM | #9
I also have the issue where sometimes print screen works, but most of the time it doesn't. Will try remapping (I assume you mean assigning it to a new key?).

Darcilon
12.19.2011 , 02:40 AM | #10
I'm unable to get any screenshots at all. I've tried remapping the key and used the holocam, but the game isn't even creating the folder. There is no swtor nor screenshots folder anywhere in my documents, also searched through all image files - nothing. Print screen pasted to paint is black screen. I participated in beta and this didn't work then either, thought it would work in retail client but no. Tried re-installation too from the CE box disks - no change. What do I need to do? I'd rather not use a third party program for this, I want to be able to use the holocam I have.