Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No Cross Realm LFG tool please!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nightmarer
03.08.2012 , 07:05 PM | #311
Quote: Originally Posted by Touchbass View Post
Yeah people are complaining that is nobody to group with that is interested in doing content with them at the same time as them on their server. So adding a intra-server is going to do what exactly? The feature also won't be automatic from what's been gathered.

Blizzard has is to you can group up cross server with the friends you meet. If you really like them you reroll or pay for a transfer. Why can't Bioware evolve instead of devolve.
I'd rather them evolving like Trion instead and make transfers free

freddysevenofive
03.08.2012 , 07:07 PM | #312
i agree that it can kill the community, but ofc one thing i miss, is to easly get along and play with friends. With that crossrealmtoolthingy its one step closer.

I think the first thing that should be done, is to make a possibility of "buying" character transfer atleast.

i hate that i need to change realms to play with my friends, and its not easy to get everyone on one server, if their main character is on another one.

Vlacke
03.08.2012 , 07:41 PM | #313
I'm not to happy about it as that's going to death of a lot of servers but on the flipside a X-LFD would make life less enjoyable for people on the high population servers so at least someone is winning.
Eventually server isolated LFG tool will evolve into cross server, undoubtedly.
Hopefully this upcoming tool will be good, although i don't think it would be very difficult to top the one that currently exists.

GeorgZoeller
03.08.2012 , 11:50 PM | #314 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Bomyne View Post
That's pathetic. So much for community.

LFG tools should include the entire community, not a sub-section of a community.

I guess cross server warzones are also out then.
You're guessing quite wrong. Cross-server Warzones are coming.

Touchbass
03.09.2012 , 12:20 AM | #315
Quote: Originally Posted by freddysevenofive View Post
i agree that it can kill the community, but ofc one thing i miss, is to easly get along and play with friends. With that crossrealmtoolthingy its one step closer.

I think the first thing that should be done, is to make a possibility of "buying" character transfer atleast.

i hate that i need to change realms to play with my friends, and its not easy to get everyone on one server, if their main character is on another one.
Yeah, that's why I love WoW's system. As long as you play on the same faction you can run dungeons and such with them. Makes socializing a lot easier.
Our lack of a proper LFD tool will black out the sun!
Then we shall cancel our subs in the shade!

MuNieK
03.09.2012 , 12:41 AM | #316
Indeed. There should be no responsibility-free chat using in game. ANd there SHOULD be community being alive on servers and be community that matters.

x-realm queues are doom of any community.

Just yestarday i have had extremaly frustrating warzone and i almost begun reposnsibility-free chat frustration-venting where i have realised those are nto random people ill never meet again so i should rather reconsider venting my frustration on them Thats how it should always be.

Touchbass
03.09.2012 , 12:45 AM | #317
Quote: Originally Posted by MuNieK View Post
Indeed. There should be no responsibility-free chat using in game. ANd there SHOULD be community being alive on servers and be community that matters.

x-realm queues are doom of any community.
This server "policing" notion needs to stop. You cannot stop people by giving them a bad rap on servers. Unless they do something extreme, and I mean extreme, blacklisting just doesn't work. My my server Shadow Hand, I've seen people spout terrible racist stuff against Jews and African Americans thinking its funny but yet they still get groups as I occasionally check up on certain individuals to see if they 'doom themselves'.

When it takes 2 weeks to level to 50, combined with feature name changes and server changes, trying to blacklist something just doesn't work.
Our lack of a proper LFD tool will black out the sun!
Then we shall cancel our subs in the shade!

rzrknight
03.09.2012 , 12:58 AM | #318
Why people still fight over a feature they said it is coming lol.
The Lord said: "QQ enough and thou shall receive it."
The followers said: "I shall QQ my lord, i shall QQ."
And since then , not a single day passed without the QQs being heard.

Taroen
03.09.2012 , 01:03 AM | #319
This server "policing" notion needs to stop. You cannot stop people by giving them a bad rap on servers. Unless they do something extreme, and I mean extreme, blacklisting just doesn't work. My my server Shadow Hand, I've seen people spout terrible racist stuff against Jews and African Americans thinking its funny but yet they still get groups as I occasionally check up on certain individuals to see if they 'doom themselves'.

When it takes 2 weeks to level to 50, combined with feature name changes and server changes, trying to blacklist something just doesn't work.
Yes it can. Those people may still get groups because the people that play with them think like they do. But on a contained server, you can dis-associate with people like that, and eventually you'll not be dealing with anyone who thinks they're cool. With cross server, there's no way to do that at all.

I've actually come to be in favor of cross-server queuing for lower level content and normal mode flashpoints, though... I think Bioware was right to wait for the levelling curve to get higher, where original people on a server could have a chance to form more of a community, but now the game could definitely benefit from a higher chance to get groups, especially for levelling content.

Lethemback
03.09.2012 , 04:32 AM | #320
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
The Group Finder feature we've discussed for the near future is definitely single-server only.
I <3 devs. Thanks for doing it just single-server

Cheers.
There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no death, there is the Force. There is LOVE to defeat the Dark Side.