Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Once you marry your companion that's it?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Once you marry your companion that's it?

Quiet
03.07.2012 , 06:17 AM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by SilentKitty View Post
Has anyone heard anything new about what will happen with the companions later on? Will the story progress for you char, their LI and friends? Would love to know that they will let us continue with them.
Rumor is you have to get rid of (permanetly dismiss) a current companion in order to add a new one.
"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

SilentKitty
03.07.2012 , 06:23 AM | #152
Quote: Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
Rumor is you have to get rid of (permanetly dismiss) a current companion in order to add a new one.
Ohh wow... scary stuff. But great for alts. How is the game different when you have a different group to do quests with. Did they say that in one of the panels?

HaryyLongNguyen
03.07.2012 , 07:39 AM | #153
People let's face it, this is what we got right now.
"Nothing is precious more than independence, freedom."(Ho Chi Minh)

SNEAKYSIX
03.07.2012 , 07:48 AM | #154
As a trooper i romanced Jaxo, on coruscant and space station mission, went to her place... now she sahes see you around sometime... NOT AGAIN, DONT I GET A LETTER AND HOLO CALL FROM TIME TO TIME hehehe...
You've never heard of the Millennium Falcon?... It's the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs."

SilentKitty
03.08.2012 , 02:17 AM | #155
Quote: Originally Posted by originaltodzilla View Post
Looks like a lot of us are on the same page when it comes to the "simple things" in regular interaction. SilentKitty's metion of a "hug" is cool, I like that idea! Mostly because it's just something "different". Another idea I had is the "emote" function. For instance if I click "rally" in a group of players/NPCs they all jump, clap and cheer. I think it would be cool if I targeted my companion (and if married) I could do a /hug or /kiss and it would do it.

I also agree with Applesauce on changing or adding to the "canned" responses", when just clicking on the companion. "YES SIR!" Just doesn't seem like the appropriate response for my wife LOL! I think these are small things taht could be implemented. Someone also mentioned to just change the scenery. For me, my entire "Romance" took place in a med bay. A MED BAY?! How drepressing!

As for future content, I think mini-games/stories that are REPEATABLE like flashpoints would be cool. I'm not looking for XP or credits. Outside of being married and romance in general, to do repeatable social stories with otehr companions would be cool too, for example:
Spoiler

I'd never thought I'd be a guy on here arguing for more "romance" content LOL!!, but after hours of killing and killing and killing, it's totally a different change. I'm just glad I'm not the only "weirdo" that wanted more "romance"!! It's nice to know others want this content..
Just to get the thread back on topic a bit =)

What do we want to happen with our LI:s once the last convo is over. I've heard something about new emotes coming with the 1.2-patch. Guess we will see what happens. And pretty please new canned responses after your are married! That would make me really happy.

Crezelle
03.08.2012 , 10:40 PM | #156
i've already gotten 2 whispers on my server from people who reconise me in the vector worship threads on the agent forum....

he acts as if nothing happened between us now T.T
it's even more confusing cause ( IA spoiler)
Spoiler
i'm probably safe... but it's disheartening how i'm chopped liver now that the honeymoon is over.

or maybe he's ignoring me cause i got him that moddable head piece that looks like a slave collar from belsavis.....
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

Duduneco
03.08.2012 , 11:01 PM | #157
How would Khem Val work?
So a neutron walks into a bar and asks,"How much for a drink?" The bartender says, "For you, no charge."

Crezelle
03.09.2012 , 03:44 AM | #158
Quote: Originally Posted by Duduneco View Post
How would Khem Val work?
very akwardly
Spoiler
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

Iamsamsara
03.09.2012 , 06:43 AM | #159
So when does the "I want half" happen? 1.2?.............

Thats how both of my marriages went!

DarthWalt
03.09.2012 , 06:48 AM | #160
I know as far as SW no its not it.

I merried Vette. Then merried Jeasa. Now from time to time Jeasa sends me qifts and planted a tracking bug on me and Vette pretty much did nothing . Now maybe its based on whoever you merry first if there is extra story action.