Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best starting HM's for healer?

uwmpanther
03.08.2012 , 11:12 AM | #1
Greetings! Im a Sage healer, and I pretty much focus on PvP exclusively. I would like the 2 piece PvE set bonus for my Healing Trance, but I have been procrastinating doing hardmode FPs. I did a couple quite some time ago and made it through (no drops for me), but there was a lot of OMG healer! Stand behind 3rd crate on right or you will get your face melted! OMG healer! Stand *inside* the turret on the left or you will get your face melted! OMG healer! Stack in this corner while holding hands with DPS guy and cleanse every other dot while doing sexy clubdance to mesmerize bosss 3rd add!

Now, I dutifully obey these instructions and successuflly completed the couple I tried. I understand that pve mechanics are part of the challenge and that I simply dont know the fights well. This being said, I just want to get my two piece set bonus and go back to pvp. My question is simply this: what two hardmodes that drop a set bonus piece are the most straightforward in terms of less weird mechanics meant to torture the healer? I just want to pick two where my lack of experience is less likely to be a burden on my group. Thanks for recommendations.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

Sir-Phobos
03.08.2012 , 11:24 AM | #2
I'd probably go with Taral V (Hands) and Maelstrom Prison (Boots). False Emporer (Chest) is also fairly easy, but has a lot of trash and thus takes longer than the other two. Legs and Head drop from Directive 7 and Kaon Under Siege which I would say are quite a bit tougher than the other three.

You could also try to get in on some PUG normal mode operations, which run somewhat frequently on my server at least, and drop columi pieces.

Elyssandra
03.08.2012 , 01:23 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by uwmpanther View Post
... OMG healer! Stand behind 3rd crate on right or you will get your face melted! OMG healer! Stand *inside* the turret on the left or you will get your face melted! OMG healer! Stack in this corner while holding hands with DPS guy and cleanse every other dot while doing sexy clubdance to mesmerize bosss 3rd add!
Thanks for lolz

I'd have to agree - Taral V and Maelstrom prison are probably easiest and quickest to try and get the two pieces.

This link http://www.houseofkoog.com/swtor/index.htm shows you loot drops for all FPs and ops in case gloves and boots don't work for you. (BTW the gloves look like the oven mitts of someone with umm poor taste... but moving on...)