Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BSOD when setting Anti-aliasing? Happening to others?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
BSOD when setting Anti-aliasing? Happening to others?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

FAAmecanic
03.08.2012 , 10:50 AM | #1
I have had this happen 3 times now. Whenever I set Anti-Aliasing to HIGH, I get a BSOD within 5 min of gameplay. If I set NONE then I can play for hours and no crashes. This is also the first time in the month and a half that I have played this game that this happens.

This all started happening since the last patch on 03/06/12.

Im at work ...so I will post a DxDiag and write down error next time it happens, but was wondering if this is happening to others.

I play other games at 4X AA 16X AF and no problems.

kailhun
03.08.2012 , 10:52 AM | #2
Do you mean black or blue? BSOD stands for Blue Screen Of Death. But some people also use it for when the screen goes black.
sig sig siggity sig

FAAmecanic
03.08.2012 , 10:54 AM | #3
I mean Blue.... blue screen with error codes...fatal error. Game locks up for about 15 seconds then BSODs...

Beesodd
03.08.2012 , 10:55 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings FAAmecanic,

Please try running the repair function for the launcher, as this may help. You might also wish to reinstall your display drivers if you are experiencing a BSOD.
If the issue occurs again, please do post up your dxdiag(in spoiler tags) and the error message you received.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

FAAmecanic
03.09.2012 , 10:29 AM | #5
Thanks beesodd... will do.

FAAmecanic
03.10.2012 , 02:22 PM | #6
Updated vid drivers (after clean uninstall with ccleaner)... lock up and BSOD after 2 hours of play with AA enabled.

Spoiler

And event viewer dump (not sure if this is what you want)

Spoiler

FAAmecanic
03.15.2012 , 04:11 PM | #7
Anyone? This is quite annoying as the game looks horrible without any AA. Other games do not cause the BSOD (Skyrim runs fine, Assassins Creed Brotherhood, the "other" STar MMO game, and an old MMO I play).

Smaois
03.15.2012 , 04:18 PM | #8 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings FAAmecanic,

Please supply the following information:
  • Open your Start menu and type "View Reliability History" into the search box.
  • Select the most recent SWTOR.exe failure denoted with a red circle with a white X in the middle.
  • Double-click the related Critical Event under Source.
  • Copy the full description to the clipboard and paste this in to your reply.
Please post the this within code tags or spoiler tags

Smaois | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

FAAmecanic
03.19.2012 , 09:21 AM | #9
I will do this when I get home (at work)...thanks for the response!

FAAmecanic
03.19.2012 , 04:26 PM | #10
Followed your instructions and still got the same error info as above.... only two sentances

Spoiler

None of them have swtor.exe.... they are all Windows Critical events.