Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fresh 50 Tank

stsao
03.08.2012 , 06:45 AM | #1
Hi community,
As a fresh 50 assassin tank, is it possible to jump right into tanking HM flashpoints? If so, what order should I take (easier to harder). If not, what flashpoints are good for getting me equipped for HM flashpoints?

Thanks!

Rami__
03.08.2012 , 06:58 AM | #2
Easy to harder:

- BT
- BP
- Foundry
- Kaon/D7 (D7 I find more annoying but also interesting heh)
- Battle of Ilum
- Fake Emperor

The order pretty much reflects the gear order too, BT only gets you the bracers whilst FE gets you the chest.

In terms of tanking yes you can jump into HMs with 50 blue/orange (and a sporadic green). Be aware though that your margin for error is reduced and tanking skill comes into effect.

For instance madly rushing into the first BT fight which has several Strongs is a sure way to get yourself killed. Their combined DPS on a fresh 50 tank is enough to surprise you and the healer. Take it easy, take great care of when you pop your CDs (generally I don't unless I go under 50% or less, depending on opponent).

Remember, CC is your friend!
Having problems with lag or other GFX issues in SWTOR? See this thread for some possibly helpful tips and tricks.

stsao
03.08.2012 , 07:04 AM | #3
Thanks! I somehow managed to miss most of the FP's while leveling, what are non-HM 50 FP's that I could run to calibrate my tanking skills?

Rami__
03.08.2012 , 07:09 AM | #4
I wouldn't really bother. Run BT HM a few times, even if it's not as the tank but as (be it mediocre) DPS. You can get exotech drops that are good stand-ins until you get columi gear.

ALWAYS take the daily (complete 1 HM) and weekly quests (complete 3 HM) which get you columi tokens as well as a load of tionese. You should get some tionese gear within a day or 2 at least and if lucky, some columi too.

Don't be afraid to go with PUGs but ofc running with guildies if you can is a plus. If you happen to be on Sceptor of Rag I'm happy to give you a run through.
Having problems with lag or other GFX issues in SWTOR? See this thread for some possibly helpful tips and tricks.

stsao
03.08.2012 , 07:11 AM | #5
Thanks for the tips. I'll just jump right in and give it a whirl!

KorinHyvek
03.08.2012 , 07:11 AM | #6
Also, running the daily missions on Ilum and Belsavis gives you commendations which you can use to buy Rakata earpieces/implants and level 51 purple Hilts and armorings for your gear, and the 2+ heroics on each planet offer purple level 50 mods and enhancements. A few days of running those, any you're basically in full Tionese w/o the set bonus.

Husman
03.08.2012 , 07:12 AM | #7
You can run Foundry and Boarding Party on normal to figure out a rotation Also , if you wanna see how you do on HMs , try doing FE and BoI on normal first . But i kinda disagree on Ramis list from easier to harder , heres mine and why i do disagree

-Black Talon

-Foundry ( all of the fights in there are basically tank n spank , except HK-47 who requires minimum tactics )

- False Emperor ( The tacts on all of the bosses are simple and none dish out extremelly high damage . If you have an undergeared group you might find the Sith Entity abit harder , but its a bonus boss )

-Kaon Under Siege ( All the bosses there are easy and managable even with a low geared group . The bonus boss is a pain , but then again you can bypass it , although it gives a Columni head too )

-Battle of Ilum ( Pretty easy , the 2nd boss is abit of a pain if you are melee , but then again you can bypass it too if you get fed up with him )

-Directive 7 ( The bosses there do dish a considerable amount of damage , plus if you dont have high enough dps you arent gonna get through the 3d boss )

DarthDemens
03.08.2012 , 07:33 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Husman View Post
You can run Foundry and Boarding Party on normal to figure out a rotation Also , if you wanna see how you do on HMs , try doing FE and BoI on normal first . But i kinda disagree on Ramis list from easier to harder , heres mine and why i do disagree

-Black Talon

-Foundry ( all of the fights in there are basically tank n spank , except HK-47 who requires minimum tactics )

- False Emperor ( The tacts on all of the bosses are simple and none dish out extremelly high damage . If you have an undergeared group you might find the Sith Entity abit harder , but its a bonus boss )

-Kaon Under Siege ( All the bosses there are easy and managable even with a low geared group . The bonus boss is a pain , but then again you can bypass it , although it gives a Columni head too )

-Battle of Ilum ( Pretty easy , the 2nd boss is abit of a pain if you are melee , but then again you can bypass it too if you get fed up with him )

-Directive 7 ( The bosses there do dish a considerable amount of damage , plus if you dont have high enough dps you arent gonna get through the 3d boss )
1) You left off Boarding Party, which probably goes between Kaon and Ilum. It's not a difficult tank FP, but the last fight is basically a healer check.

2) The bonus boss in Kaon hasn't dropped a Columi head for the last several weeks. It was "corrected" to a Xenotech (Tionese level) belt in the 2/14 patch.

3) False Emperor does have some mechanics necessary, involving 2 bosses with the potential to one-shot a player if they aren't interrupted correctly. It's still a fairly simple FP once you get those mechanics, though. Bonus boss is a pure DPS race, and difficult to beat the enrage timer even for well geared groups.

That said, your list is pretty much the same as mine in terms of difficulty. My groups very rarely bother to do bonus bosses (too much effort on several for too little reward), however.
Oh, great . you live on in our hearts!
Comprehensive Guide to Space Missions