Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Cybertech selling Speeders?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Cybertech selling Speeders?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Bethmora's Avatar


Bethmora
03.07.2012 , 07:24 PM | #1
So, i seen that cybertech will be able to sell speeders. Im guessing we will see scems drop and or buy from the vendor. I did not see if the speeders we have now will be able to sell? I hope not as it should be a perk to us. Now that being said, it takes alot of mats to make these speeders. anyone seen or maybe at the guild summit know if the mat count is lower then what we have to use right now? this is what it takes for the lvl 50 speeder.
10x Mando Iron
22x ciridium
22x zal alloy
12x thermalplast flux
32x durasteel


Now just in mats your looking at 200k so i really hope the mat count comes down a lot to sell at lower prices.

GeorgZoeller's Avatar


GeorgZoeller
03.07.2012 , 07:37 PM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Bethmora View Post
So, i seen that cybertech will be able to sell speeders. Im guessing we will see scems drop and or buy from the vendor. I did not see if the speeders we have now will be able to sell? I hope not as it should be a perk to us. Now that being said, it takes alot of mats to make these speeders. anyone seen or maybe at the guild summit know if the mat count is lower then what we have to use right now? this is what it takes for the lvl 50 speeder.
10x Mando Iron
22x ciridium
22x zal alloy
12x thermalplast flux
32x durasteel


Now just in mats your looking at 200k so i really hope the mat count comes down a lot to sell at lower prices.
The price of all Tier 3 vendor speeders is going up in 1.2, which in turn impacts the value of the Cybertech speeders.

xCipher's Avatar


xCipher
03.07.2012 , 09:31 PM | #3
Where did you hear this? Cybertechs will be able to sell speeders?
Please Bioware, Add in these Playable Races:
Chagrians, Nautolans, Mon Calamari , Weequay, Clawdites, Rodian,
Togruta, Devaronians, Besalisks, Kel Dor, and of course Wookiees !

RCWong's Avatar


RCWong
03.07.2012 , 09:36 PM | #4
They're removing the Bind on Pickup from a lot of crafting items which would mean you could sell speeders.

Since they've had an option on the GTN for Mounts (and Pets too btw), then I'm assuming they were always going to have speeders that you could eventually sell. It's just taken them a while to implement it.

Firehammer's Avatar


Firehammer
03.07.2012 , 10:04 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by xCipher View Post
Where did you hear this? Cybertechs will be able to sell speeders?
1.2 feature list

legalgeek's Avatar


legalgeek
03.07.2012 , 10:18 PM | #6
I understand wanting to lower your costs for crafting, but 200k isn't too bad a price with some speeders being sold by vendors for 2 million. If you've got a speeder people want I imagine plenty of level 50's will be willing to pay a substantial amount for it. It's not like there is currently a shortage of credits on hand for 50s out there. Speeders are likely to be lower volume high margin products I imagine, since you only ever need to buy one once.

LeeTone's Avatar


LeeTone
03.07.2012 , 10:23 PM | #7
To be honest, I like having Cybertech-exclusive mount.

Sort of a nice reward for getting it to 400.

Altairien's Avatar


Altairien
03.08.2012 , 11:14 AM | #8
Speeder materials costs are steep but probably fine if selling them. The perk to Cybertechs should be having a BoP version of the speeder that has significantly reduced materials costs.

For example:

BoE version:
10x Mando Iron
22x ciridium
22x zal alloy
12x thermalplast flux
32x durasteel


BoP version:
2x Mando Iron
4x ciridium
4x zal alloy
2x thermalplast flux
6x durasteel


This is how all crafting with signifcant materials costs should be handled (minimum). The crafter should always get a break on materials costs for items they themselves will be using.

ArmoredJuneBug's Avatar


ArmoredJuneBug
03.08.2012 , 01:28 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by legalgeek View Post
If you've got a speeder people want I imagine plenty of level 50's will be willing to pay a substantial amount for it.
That's the thing though, people want rare mounts.

That's why the multi-million credit mounts sell, because it's effectively telling people how rich you are.

If the Cybertech speeders are going to be both BoE and competitive on cost as far as materials go there's not going to be much of a market, why get the same mount as everyone else would?

Heck, with two 400 Cybertech myself I'm certainly never going to use the mounts I've already made once they go BoE.

I'll buy the most expensive vendor one instead, or possibly one of the horrendously ugly ones that noone else wants to be seen dead on.

On another note this is potentially bad for the game economy, since it'd increase inflation by shifting more credits between players instead of taking them out of the economy outright. Assuming people will buy the BoE Cybertech speeders of course, I really don't think that'll happen to any real extent.

Holinyx's Avatar


Holinyx
03.08.2012 , 07:08 PM | #10
200k ? lol

you can farm your own stuff and slice yourself some 340 UT missions.

I made my 50 speeder for less than 10k.
Not all Bounty Hunters die screaming like a 4 yr old girl.