Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Have They Nerfed Sorcerers?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Have They Nerfed Sorcerers?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

biowareftw's Avatar


biowareftw
03.07.2012 , 06:35 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Calista_ZK View Post
Time to ignore the usual misinformation from your posts, complete with the expected use of "baddies", "OP", "moron", etc.

Leading in damage, particularly from AOEs, in warzones is a poor way to balance a class. Sorcs/sages can be healed through, and can only do this if left alone, and if they in some cases ignore objectives.

Several other classes can also lead in damage, often a person playing a sorc/sage plays that class as well. Something that "baddies" don't seem to acknowledge.
Oh you mean you baddies calling everyone else baddie and telling them to l2p when we say the class is op and outdmg you 2 to 1 on this faceroll class?

This is the most OP class I have ever played in any MMO. The only thing that comes close was tempest of set (also a hybrid spec) before it was nerfed to the ground in Age of Conan (a massive failure of a game).

Fact. This class is too easy. Fact. It is overplayed (Bioware said just this at the summit). Fact. Melee have none of the tools they have in WoW, as in a second charge (heroic leap), shadowstep (on the rogue classes) or immunty to knockbacks/roots/or a self cleanse. Melee also can't be spam dispelled by healers. Your shield also is not subject to mass dispel or a dispel. Maybe they should give a dispel to slingers/snipers...

Read the IGN article? Take a wild guess what "new spells" melee are getting...

Guarantee it is knockback/root immunity. Have fun rerolling! Too many baddies like you rolled this class and actually think you are good or that classes in this game are balanced *cough* AFTER you whined and complained and got your counter class nerfed to the ground. So yeah game was horribly imbalanced when you had a hard counter, but is perfectly fine now? Hypocrisy at it's best.

This class is neither fun nor challenging to play. It is stupidly op. You don't even have to watch resources on it. The class is a joke as are you.
Einstein's relativity work is a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king... its exponents are brilliant men but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists.- Nikola Tesla - New York Times (11 July 1935)

GeorgZoeller's Avatar


GeorgZoeller
03.07.2012 , 06:36 PM | #32 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
No class balance changes were made in 1.1.5.

GrandMike's Avatar


GrandMike
03.07.2012 , 06:38 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by biowareftw View Post
Oh you mean you baddies calling everyone else baddie and telling them to l2p when we say the class is op and outdmg you 2 to 1 on this faceroll class?

This is the most OP class I have ever played in any MMO. The only thing that comes close was tempest of set (also a hybrid spec) before it was nerfed to the ground in Age of Conan (a massive failure of a game).

Fact. This class is too easy. Fact. It is overplayed (Bioware said just this at the summit). Fact. Melee have none of the tools they have in WoW, as in a second charge (heroic leap), shadowstep (on the rogue classes) or immunty to knockbacks/roots/or a self cleanse. Melee also can't be spam dispelled by healers. Your shield also is not subject to mass dispel.

Read the IGN article? Take a wild guess what "new spells" melee are getting...

Guarantee it is knockback/root immunity. Have fun rerolling! Too many baddies like you rolled this class and actually think you are good or that classes in this game are balanced *cough* AFTER you whined and complained and got your counter class nerfed to the ground. So yeah game was horribly imbalanced when you had a hard counter, but is perfectly fine now? Hypocrisy at it's best.

This class is neither fun nor challenging to play. It is stupidly op. You don't even have to watch resources on it. The class is a joke as are you.
Hmm, i must ask you - do you even play the game? Or have ever played it at all? Because i cant believe that someone that actually played the game can write something like you wrote lol

If you do play the game, then yeah..hopeless

Lasarith's Avatar


Lasarith
03.07.2012 , 06:42 PM | #34
No idear, But my Sin is A Lot more squishier.
10 Years and over 20 Mmo's and i still miss the first

Kuvox's Avatar


Kuvox
03.07.2012 , 06:46 PM | #35
No, Sorcerers and Sages haven't been nerfed. People have just finally been discovering their interrupt abilities. +450k damage from a Sorcerer and/or Sage is now extremely rare on my server where it used to be pretty common. However, and as others have posted, these numbers are starting to be seen now from Sentinels and Marauders.

Calista_ZK's Avatar


Calista_ZK
03.07.2012 , 06:55 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by biowareftw View Post
Oh you mean you baddies calling everyone else baddie and telling them to l2p when we say the class is op and outdmg you 2 to 1 on this faceroll class?

This is the most OP class I have ever played in any MMO. The only thing that comes close was tempest of set (also a hybrid spec) before it was nerfed to the ground in Age of Conan (a massive failure of a game).

Fact. This class is too easy. Fact. It is overplayed (Bioware said just this at the summit). Fact. Melee have none of the tools they have in WoW, as in a second charge (heroic leap), shadowstep (on the rogue classes) or immunty to knockbacks/roots/or a self cleanse. Melee also can't be spam dispelled by healers. Your shield also is not subject to mass dispel or a dispel. Maybe they should give a dispel to slingers/snipers...

Read the IGN article? Take a wild guess what "new spells" melee are getting...

Guarantee it is knockback/root immunity. Have fun rerolling! Too many baddies like you rolled this class and actually think you are good or that classes in this game are balanced *cough* AFTER you whined and complained and got your counter class nerfed to the ground. So yeah game was horribly imbalanced when you had a hard counter, but is perfectly fine now? Hypocrisy at it's best.

This class is neither fun nor challenging to play. It is stupidly op. You don't even have to watch resources on it. The class is a joke as are you.
LOL,...just LOL. The only person spouting "baddie" is YOU my friend. And don't misquote me in the feeble attempt of making your own trash posts look better- trash-talking doesn't make a poor argument any better.

Your posts are laudable solely for their ability to misinform and insult people you don't even know. Personally, I've never called for a nerf to any class, and the people who are QQing over how hard it is for melee are likely either solo queing, poorly geared, or don't know their classes.



If this is the most OP class you have ever encountered, then I highly suggest you try other games, or try other classes at endgame.

biowareftw's Avatar


biowareftw
03.07.2012 , 06:56 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by GrandMike View Post
Hmm, i must ask you - do you even play the game? Or have ever played it at all? Because i cant believe that someone that actually played the game can write something like you wrote lol

If you do play the game, then yeah..hopeless
Yup I play it. I can and do lead dmg on all my classes. Sentinel being far and away the hardest to do it on due to me playing on a non rp/pve server and everyone being either a) a hybrid sorc b) a tank 31/0/10 SiN or c) a Pyro PT or d) a healer.

People have even shelved their mercs at this point.

I can do double the dmg I can on any other class (on the hybrid sorc/sage) with the exception of maybe vanguard assault specialist/pyro pt and they bring nowhere near the utility or ability to completely screw over melee when stacked and requiring no skill to do it (non targeted aoe root through resolve).

What pve/rp server do you play on? Aren't you the same person who claimed you couldn't break 2.5k dmg burst on a Sage/sorc in full BM gear? Yeah I guess we are all just imagining hitting 4 k with a 3 k dot running after words along with another dot...

You are absolutely clueless if you think hybrid sage/sorc isn't getting adjusted. It is a shame they don't have instant 50's on the test center I would queue with you, fraps it and show what a joke this class is.

My favorite are the posts about dying to melee in seconds. This is flat out impossible with the hybrid spec we are running. Your shield auto cc's them. Your instant cast cc turns into a short stun, then you have a ranged stun and a root through full resolve and a sprint?
How the hell are you dying in seconds to a melee. Are you away from your keyboard? Do you only cast a shield AFTER you are attacked?

What is broken? Aoe root through full resolve, shield breaking "play for you" CC (WoW made the same mistake with frostmages and later corrected it). Not having to worry about force or manage resources like all other classes in the game (you have to do this as full balance/madness), Instant cast shields on other people which is the best instant heal in the game since there is no dispel, melee not having escape tools, and on and on.

The pure madness/balance spec is NOT op. You have to manage your resource, you have to actually target who you are rooting, and you don't have great AOE dmg WITH NO COOLDOWNS (and the ones that have cooldowns reset) and single target dmg in one spec.

You have to be the most delusional person on earth not to see what is op with this spec. If you can't do well on it? I have no idea how anyone can be that bad. You can do fantastic damage not even kiting or playing right, just spamming a braindead dps rotation. When you have someone that actually knows how to play, kite and throw shields on other people before fights? It is gamebreaking.

Add to this? Other classes soft cc breaks immediately on dmg. On sage/sorc? Turns into a short stun and makes up for bad play on a class that is already way too easy.
Einstein's relativity work is a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king... its exponents are brilliant men but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists.- Nikola Tesla - New York Times (11 July 1935)

GrandMike's Avatar


GrandMike
03.07.2012 , 07:04 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by biowareftw View Post
Yup I play it. I can and do lead dmg on all my classes. Sentinel being far and away the hardest to do it on due to me playing on a non rp/pve server and everyone being either a) a hybrid sorc b) a tank 31/0/10 SiN or c) a Pyro PT or d) a healer.

People have even shelved their mercs at this point.

I can do double the dmg I can on any other class (on the hybrid sorc/sage) with the exception of maybe vanguard assault specialist/pyro pt and they bring nowhere near the utility or ability to completely screw over melee when stacked and requiring no skill to do it (non targeted aoe root through resolve).

What pve/rp server do you play on? Aren't you the same person who claimed you couldn't break 2.5k dmg burst on a Sage/sorc in full BM gear? Yeah I guess we are all just imagining hitting 4 k with a 3 k dot running after words along with another dot...

You are absolutely clueless if you think hybrid sage/sorc isn't getting adjusted. It is a shame they don't have instant 50's on the test center I would queue with you, fraps it and show what a joke this class is.

My favorite are the posts about dying to melee in seconds. This is flat out impossible with the hybrid spec we are running. Your shield auto cc's them. Your instant cast cc turns into a short stun, then you have a ranged stun and a root through full resolve and a sprint?
How the hell are you dying in seconds to a melee. Are you away from your keyboard? Do you only cast a shield AFTER you are attacked?

What is broken? Aoe root through full resolve, shield breaking "play for you" CC (WoW made the same mistake with frostmages and later corrected it). Not having to worry about force or manage resources like all other classes in the game (you have to do this as full balance/madness), Instant cast shields on other people which is the best instant heal in the game since there is no dispel, melee not having escape tools, and on and on.

The pure madness/balance spec is NOT op. You have to manage your resource, you have to actually target who you are rooting, and you don't have great AOE dmg WITH NO COOLDOWNS (and the ones that have cooldowns reset) and single target dmg in one spec.

You have to be the most delusional person on earth not to see what is op with this spec. If you can't do well on it? I have no idea how anyone can be that bad. You can do fantastic damage not even kiting or playing right, just spamming a braindead dps rotation. When you have someone that actually knows how to play, kite and throw shields on other people before fights? It is gamebreaking.

Add to this? Other classes soft cc breaks immediately on dmg. On sage/sorc? Turns into a short stun and makes up for bad play on a class that is already way too easy.
See, again i wonder do you even play the game, the things you write are so clueless

Darth_Ricky's Avatar


Darth_Ricky
03.07.2012 , 07:05 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by GrandMike View Post
You stopped playing agains terribads that let you freecast for the duraton of WZ and then come to QQ about it on forums.

Kinda ends all "sorc/sage is OP".


hey ppl

U LEAVE SORCS ALONE OK
Unsubbed, see u where the pvp is at

GrandMike's Avatar


GrandMike
03.07.2012 , 07:06 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Ricky View Post


hey ppl

U LEAVE SORCS ALONE OK
Wants meh 500k back!