Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Advanced White War Hero Crystal

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Advanced White War Hero Crystal
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Vulgore
03.07.2012 , 06:33 PM | #1
The new crystals they added are complete non sense....I am valor 72 and have enough to buy the Advanced War Hero white saber crystal....Well Being a pvper with all Battle Master gear the crystal has no use to me....I cant Mod my BM Saber with the advanced war hero white crystal, you say put it in a moddable saber ok....But then I lose like 10% in stats...dmg, WP, end, acc, just about every stat goes down...So I ask you bioware what am I suppose to do with a 2.5 million white war hero crystal as a pvper with a lightsaber that can not be modded? why are these crystals here? why is there no valor requirment on it ??? it makes no sense...

Felioats
03.07.2012 , 06:38 PM | #2
The crystal vendor is a temporary solution to people not being able to get the colors they want.

In 1.2, you will be able to fully mod your PvP saber, or pull out all of it's mods and put them into another. Same with all PvP gear. Armoring will retain its set bonus, but will be restricted to gear slot (armoring from chest piece will only fit in another chest piece).

Also in 1.2, they'll do something not yet announced for color crystals. The vendor will be gone.

As for why it doesn't take valor, the War Hero gear set is coming in... 1.2. I doubt they'll add the requirement to it retroactively, though.

1.2 is coming early next month.
>

GeorgZoeller
03.07.2012 , 06:40 PM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
As of Game Update 1.2, endgame Lightsabers are fully moddable.

Vulgore
03.07.2012 , 06:41 PM | #4
ok i see that in the colors....but why do that to the white crystal it wasnt even in the game and now just giving it away.....are we suppose to buy the crystal and just hang on to them until 1.2 which doesnt look like its going to be until April...

TiiRahnedancer
03.07.2012 , 06:42 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Vulgore View Post
ok i see that in the colors....but why do that to the white crystal it wasnt even in the game and now just giving it away.....are we suppose to buy the crystal and just hang on to them until 1.2 which doesnt look like its going to be until April...
Pretty much yeah.

illgot
03.07.2012 , 06:42 PM | #6
The new crystals they added are complete non sense....I am valor 72 and have enough to buy the Advanced War Hero white saber crystal....Well Being a pvper with all Battle Master gear the crystal has no use to me....I cant Mod my BM Saber with the advanced war hero white crystal, you say put it in a moddable saber ok....But then I lose like 10% in stats...dmg, WP, end, acc, just about every stat goes down...So I ask you bioware what am I suppose to do with a 2.5 million white war hero crystal as a pvper with a lightsaber that can not be modded? why are these crystals here? why is there no valor requirment on it ??? it makes no sense...
Because it is temporary and they need to flush some of the money out of the system.

In 1.2 that crystal may take War Hero to buy, but right now it's a free for all, and while you can't use that crystal just yet, you will be able to in 1.2.

lokivoid
03.07.2012 , 06:43 PM | #7
The whole point of the crystals was a fast money sink to act as a bandaid for the massive influx of money coming into the system, 1.2 the vendor will change and pvp gear will be made moddable.

BTW the hidden/unremovable crystal on your BM saber +41 endurance (identical to endurance white crystal)

Felioats
03.07.2012 , 06:44 PM | #8
2.5 million credits is soooo not "giving it away."

There are a handful of players with millions of credits (they said at the summit something like 80% of 50s have fewer than 400k). Legacy will give them stuff to spend money on, but until then, this is for them.
>

Vulgore
03.07.2012 , 06:44 PM | #9
o yea thats the other thing I know the WH set is coming so why doestnt the crystal have a valor requirment on it...? why even call it War hero then...If the War Hero Set has no valor rating or certain rated WZ requirment for pieces then that GG for me....I throw in the towel...hang up the keyboard till Guild Wars 2 or Tera those games are shapping to have a promising pvp future

RabidPopcorn
03.07.2012 , 06:46 PM | #10
question: will ALL the crystals (or at least the purple and white ones) be available after patch 1.2 on Republic side? If not from the vendor, where? ty