Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No Cross Realm LFG tool please!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Galjoss
03.07.2012 , 10:26 AM | #161
Cross server only lowers the wait times because it means there is always a group forming, meaning for a char like a tank its instant action, once you have a critical mass of players where there is always a group forming and in fact there is queue of groups waiting to fill certain roles then the cross server part doesn't really add much in terms of queue speed.

I think before looking into a cross server system they are better off looking into what ways they can move towards the critical mass and also make it easier for people to queue as multiple roles, merging servers is most obvious but allowing dual speccing would probably also help, queuing up as a alts and auto switching to them when the action starts is also a idea I like, many of these could be more help than x-server and they should definately be given a try first, if x-server is a necessity it wont hurt the game to much to have it introlduced at a later date

DarthKhaos
03.07.2012 , 10:35 AM | #162
Quote: Originally Posted by romandaemon View Post
That is exactly what i dont understand......exactly HOW will it kill the community? Not being able to add to your ignore list? Why does it matter...I simply don't understand how spamming General chat is a better community then just clicking a button and going to smash things into oblivion for fun....
What you're not understanding is you can not have to have a fully automated system AND not spam General chat with LFG <flashpoint>. If there is a list of players when you select your flashpoint or heroic quest that is available showing their class/role/levels you can contact them or send an invite with a popup: "<player> wishes to invite you for <flashpoint/heroic quest>" ACCEPT REJECT.

No need to spam nothing you pick your group from an available list and go. When you do this your group now appears in the group list stating what flashpoint/heroic quest you indicated and others can send a request to join your group or contact the party leader directly to inquire about whatever.
=================================
F2P? NO THANKS
CANCELLED
=================================

Thorkir
03.07.2012 , 10:52 AM | #163
Quote: Originally Posted by Chessrook View Post
Yanno, I once asked a friend of me who has played WoW for years if the LFG tool really did kill the community like everyone said. His response was "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA What community?!"

I think that says everything.
Given this game's forum community, I seriously doubt it would hurt it much.
"All will be well."

Suriken
03.07.2012 , 12:58 PM | #164
Quote: Originally Posted by Thorkir View Post
Given this game's forum community, I seriously doubt it would hurt it much.
The forum community is a very small minority of this game, just sayin'. I believe its general accepted with most games, people playing the game >> people posting on the forums.

Just an opinion i believe is commonly shared, i have no hard copy evidence off hand proving so.
Quote: Originally Posted by DrekorSilverfang View Post
Burst class does burst damage. More news at 11 including snipers shoot stuff with guns.

malangus
03.07.2012 , 02:07 PM | #165
Quote: Originally Posted by ferroz View Post
Source?
My experience leveling a couple of both ally and horde on both pve/pvp servers. World is dead, the amount of people you found, you can really count them on one hand.

Quote:
Ninja looting isn't possible in either wow or swtor due to how the loot system works.
What... what.... have you played any of them at all?????

WOW allow item trading, but depends if the player want to trade at all. Sometimes they do, but because if not, they are dropped from group because of ninja behavior. Maybe you have something like elvui that do some class logic on the loot screen it provides, but bliz one do nothing.

Maybe you refer to items endgame binded to a class. But not all game items are class locked. How many sith/jedi warriors have looted lightsabers with willpower????? I have seen it a couple of times.

And what mechanism do actually SWTOR provide for that? Maybe for endgame, but for regular flashpoints there is nothing to be found. I can level a clothie, and need on any heavy/aim gear if I want to.

Gungan
03.07.2012 , 02:11 PM | #166
Quote: Originally Posted by MUFanatic View Post
I am disappointed to see the cross realm LFG tool being talked about as a future addition to the game. I was really hoping to keep that out of TOR just because of it's ability to destroy community in a game. I would be all for LFG server wide but cross realm is a no go for me.
Due to the severe imbalance between Imps and Reps on many servers, cross server is now the only option.

Meldwyn
03.07.2012 , 02:12 PM | #167
Quote: Originally Posted by malangus View Post
I can level a clothie, and need on any heavy/aim gear if I want to.
Admittedly, its been about a year since I played WoW, but I recollect some drops being greyed out for me if I was a dps and something for a tank dropped (or vice versa)... Like, I couldn't Need on it, but could Greed for it, or pass.

Is this not the case any more?
My epiphany about End Game in SWTOR!

Suromir
03.07.2012 , 02:15 PM | #168
No, we NEED a cross-realm LFG tool. It was a godsend in WoW and it will be a godsend here. In fact it should be in every MMO from here on out.

But anything to make the game harder right? How many times do you sit around looking for a group for something and end up wasting a ton of time? With an LFG cross-realm tool you can queue up and go about your business.

The LFG in WoW kept me playing far longer than I would have. The benefits far outweigh any negatives (and most negatives pointed out are just plain stupid nitpickings)

We NEED an LFG cross-realm tool.

malangus
03.07.2012 , 02:15 PM | #169
Quote: Originally Posted by Meldwyn View Post
Admittedly, its been about a year since I played WoW, but I recollect some drops being greyed out for me if I was a dps and something for a tank dropped (or vice versa)... Like, I couldn't Need on it, but could Greed for it, or pass.

Is this not the case any more?
No, is still there except for some class locked epic gear. Was a guy that said that WOW and SWTOR had loot system that prevented that, and I answer prevented my ...

Snoodmaster
03.07.2012 , 02:17 PM | #170
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthKhaos View Post
What you're not understanding is you can not have to have a fully automated system AND not spam General chat with LFG <flashpoint>. If there is a list of players when you select your flashpoint or heroic quest that is available showing their class/role/levels you can contact them or send an invite with a popup: "<player> wishes to invite you for <flashpoint/heroic quest>" ACCEPT REJECT.

No need to spam nothing you pick your group from an available list and go. When you do this your group now appears in the group list stating what flashpoint/heroic quest you indicated and others can send a request to join your group or contact the party leader directly to inquire about whatever.
I would like to point out that the game CURRENTLY has a system basically identical to this. You flag yourself LFG and type your role in the comment and the list itself shows ur class and level. Heck you can even kinda say what u want to group for. But nobody uses it.

The problem is that once you look into lfg and see the 8 dps and no healer or tank, people tend to get very discouraged about it. And unless you sit there and refresh it constantly (essentially manually updating the queue) you are likely to miss someone who just logs on, flags himself for a few minutes, then logs off.