Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Problem with Account Product Code

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Problem with Account Product Code
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DimitriM
12.15.2011 , 09:05 PM | #1
So, I got this email on December 7th after buying the game and putting in my code.

Quote:
Thank you for registering your Pre-Order Code. You are now registered for the following items:
Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Standard Edition Pre-Order
Early game access
Color Stone (Virtual Item)
We will keep you informed about early access to The Old Republic as we get closer to the game's release.
Sounds normal. However now I noticed that when I go to my account, under Account Summary, the box for redeeming product code is gray. The 5 security questions and the other thing are checked off, but for some reason it did not take my key.

I got the email, so it must have gone through.

Now heres the part I'm REALLY confused about; when I try to put in my code again, it gives me an error and says the code is already used.

So, I'm not worried about the amount of days I will get in early access or something like that, I just want to make sure I'm playing come December 20th.

Can I please get some help? I've called over the phone and didn't get much help from the auto responses. I read the stickies, went to the help request thing in my account, and received an error when I tried to send it. Hoping I will get some help here on the forum.

Ravenswrath
12.15.2011 , 09:07 PM | #2
Im in the same boat, been wondering if this is why i havent gotten my email yet.

Anjelwynne
12.15.2011 , 09:13 PM | #3
Same for me. I entered my pre-order code a week or so ago to confirm early access and download the game client. But now, to set up my subscription, they have a multi-step plan that requires you to enter your pre-order code. When I do, you guessed it, it says:

THAT CODE HAS ALREADY BEEN USED.

Yes, of course it has, by me!

When I click the PRE-ORDER heading under MY ACCOUNT, it correctly says I have redeemed my pre-order code. But I can't get to the stage now where I can create my subscription, because apparrently one half of my account doesnt know what the other half is doing!

Any solutions out there??? I'm just trying to give this game my money so that I can play!

Ratae
12.15.2011 , 09:14 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  

Hello DimitriM & Ravenswrath,

Since you both received the emails confirming your pre-order code registration, you will be eligible for a period of early game access. You’ll receive an email from us telling you when you access the game.

When you receive the physical copy of your game, this will contain a product registration key which you will need to enter to continue plying after December 20th.

I hope this helps.
Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Ratae
12.15.2011 , 09:17 PM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  

Hello Anjelwynne,

I think there is some confusion here between the pre-order code and the product registration key.

You will get a product registration key with the physical copy of the game at launch. This is the key you will need to enter to continue playing after December 20th and to set up your prescription.

I hope this helps.
Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

DimitriM
12.15.2011 , 09:18 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by L1-F9 View Post

Hello DimitriM & Ravenswrath,

Since you both received the emails confirming your pre-order code registration, you will be eligible for a period of early game access. You’ll receive an email from us telling you when you access the game.

When you receive the physical copy of your game, this will contain a product registration key which you will need to enter to continue plying after December 20th.

I hope this helps.
I'm sorry but I don't understand, I paid for the digital copy, not the physical. The code in my email should have been the code for the game, correct?

*edit, sorry, I mean the code in my EA Origin account that I have put in the day I bought it

Anjelwynne
12.15.2011 , 09:21 PM | #7
Yes...same issue with me. Mine's a digital copy as well. So, dont I have all the information there? Or will I be recieving and additional code soon?

DimitriM
12.15.2011 , 09:25 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Anjelwynne View Post
Yes...same issue with me. Mine's a digital copy as well. So, dont I have all the information there? Or will I be recieving and additional code soon?
I feel like this might be just a problem with the website. I guess when we get to early access/release date, we'll find out if it was "just the website" or "just lost 60 dollars" :P

Rastama
12.15.2011 , 09:42 PM | #9
Now, I have EXACTLY the same issue here. When I go to my Account Summary the redeem button is gray but when I cliking on 'Code Redemtion' link at Account management I can see at the 'code redemption history' this info:

Quote:
Below is a list of valid Star Wars: The Old Republic codes that have been redeemed under this account.
12.11.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch
12.11.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Standard Edition Pre-Order
It is more likely to me that I did everything right & do understand what I've purchased. I'm afraid there's some problem in Yours service that don't let us all play now, on what we have a right tho.

DimitriM
12.15.2011 , 10:06 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Rastama View Post
Now, I have EXACTLY the same issue here. When I go to my Account Summary the redeem button is gray but when I cliking on 'Code Redemtion' link at Account management I can see at the 'code redemption history' this info:

It is more likely to me that I did everything right & do understand what I've purchased. I'm afraid there's some problem in Yours service that don't let us all play now, on what we have a right tho.
Im guessing you bought the digital one too?