Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The fastest way to gain Legacy is.....to not play alts?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The fastest way to gain Legacy is.....to not play alts?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Andryah
03.06.2012 , 10:55 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafkin View Post
Does it seem odd to anyone else that playing just your level 50 earns you more Legacy xp than playing your alts?
Legacy is awarded on a proportional scale to xp. More xp = more legacy. At 50 you earn more then at level 10.

Rocket science it is not.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Colow_Leper
03.06.2012 , 10:56 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Vecke View Post
It could be that he didn't play his main as much as you played your alt? I don't know if that's the case; just trying to think of possible explanations.
Nope - I would actually say that he played more than me - he's new to MMOs, but he's been an "instant hardcore" player.

The more I think about it, the more I feel that the legacy XP bar *must* scale (to some extent) to the character being played. ie you swap characters from your 50th (where, say, the next legacy level will take another 100k points) to your 30th level alt, and on that character you might only need 30k.

Edit

"Scalability" is a big thing in this game - try running a 2 man instance with the requisite 2 people - then try again with 4, you'll see what I mean!
Didn't we just leave this party?

Girdeux
03.06.2012 , 11:03 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
Pretty sure the endgame is all those Hardmode FPs, and the three modes of OPs, and those WZs I've been doing. But I guess that's not endgame, must be early game.
No. Bioware was counting on the fact people would reroll once they hit 50, they even said it. It wouldve made more sense that you got more legacy XP from the more toons you have.

Soluss
03.06.2012 , 11:14 PM | #14
I dont know about anyone else but Im getting alot of legacy levels by running multiple alts. Its all continuous xp versus a fwe dailies.

Vecke
03.06.2012 , 11:22 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Colow_Leper View Post
Nope - I would actually say that he played more than me - he's new to MMOs, but he's been an "instant hardcore" player.

The more I think about it, the more I feel that the legacy XP bar *must* scale (to some extent) to the character being played. ie you swap characters from your 50th (where, say, the next legacy level will take another 100k points) to your 30th level alt, and on that character you might only need 30k.

Edit

"Scalability" is a big thing in this game - try running a 2 man instance with the requisite 2 people - then try again with 4, you'll see what I mean!
That sounds like a reasonable explanation. Assuming what you're saying is true (which I'm sure it is), I'd say you're right.
"I know."

Lightmaguz
03.07.2012 , 10:25 AM | #16
I have 2 50s 3 or 4 20s one 30 and two characters I've deleted played til the 40s and 30s. My legacy is 27. I don't believe it would be that high otherwise.

goulet
03.07.2012 , 10:39 AM | #17
If it cost the same amount of xp to get every level in the game it might seem weird, but since higher level take more xp to get and require you to kill harder things relative to earlier levels why shouldn't it pay out more?
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, then to type on your keyboard and remove all doubt."

TheOnlyKyrenS
03.07.2012 , 10:42 AM | #18
More experience from dailies than low quests.
Quote: Originally Posted by corbanite View Post
oh great more constructive criticism.. god knows why some people think there are haters on this forum

GeoLager
03.07.2012 , 10:46 AM | #19
One guildee of mine has a legacy level of 34 while I am only 20.

How?

He plays a myriad alts and I played some alts but focus on 1 character.

Because as it turns out, doing 100 quests on a lowbie is far greater legacy experience than doing a handful of dalies on my main.

Havokk
03.07.2012 , 04:49 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Legacy is awarded on a proportional scale to xp. More xp = more legacy. At 50 you earn more then at level 10.
I am pretty sure this is not the case. Legacy XP is scaled according to the level of the character. Lower level characters earn less XP so the legacy is scaled up. The idea is that an hour playing any character gets the same amount of legacy XP.

I'm sure I read it here on this forum but my Google-fu is weak today.
▂▇≡≡≡≡≡≡≡()▇(₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦