Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crew Skills...Seriously ???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Crew Skills...Seriously ???

Narien
03.07.2012 , 08:43 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Nippon View Post
But let's be fair, we do not have a crafting system what so ever...I cannot influence my ability to get Great successes, I have no control over what comes back...

Its a babies mini game IMHO. That rewards effort based on pure luck.
You mean just like you had to hope and pray you got a critical or great success while experimenting every single item you cooked up in SWG?

Khadroth
03.07.2012 , 09:00 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Narien View Post
You mean just like you had to hope and pray you got a critical or great success while experimenting every single item you cooked up in SWG?
I supposed something that helped was that you basically knew where you stood in SWG. The critical rates were all upfront in the crafting panel. In TOR you might know that your companion has a special bonus, but you have no idea what your natural crit rate is, or how much extra your companion is getting from affection, without doing some digging on the forums.

Personally I'd love it if they made crafter skill trees or some way to enhance your crafting through the legacy system. To me that was the best part of SWG's crafting, your ability to improve over time (even if SWG was stupid about it and let it spiral out of control breaking the economy and gameplay since you could achieve results better than their devs anticipated). It really let you make a name for yourself as a crafter and establish yourself within the community on your server. I know they don't want to lock new crafters out, which is fine, but there's always going to be varying demands. Some people want subpar cheap stuff to tide them over, others want the best possible no matter the cost.
The Starwind Legacy Anchorhead (PvP East)
"Tsu" 50 Miraluka Bala Sage "Soge" 3 Chiss Sniper
"Roronoa" 10 Pureblood Sentinel "Ashellia" 12 Borg PT
"Gene" 50 Human Gunslinger "Erza" 11 Human Jugg
"Shocktrooper" 16 Borg Comm "Hei" 1 Chiss Assassin