Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why even have lvl 50s


Seanradio's Avatar


Seanradio
03.06.2012 , 01:20 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by catnipkiller View Post



Good luck bw once GW2 comes out 90% OF YOUR PLAYER BACE WILL BE GONE.


You can't spell "base" therefore your argument is invalid.

I used to be a gamer like you until I took a ****** to the dick.
Im bringing Comic Sans back in a big way

Level 50 Sith Sorcerer/ColonelForbin/Sith Meditation Sphere

Paperbag_Hobo's Avatar


Paperbag_Hobo
03.06.2012 , 02:30 PM | #12
Quote:
So don't complain to BW because you made a bad choice.
I don't really see how choosing a server at random when you first start this game can be construed as a "bad choice" on the part of a player. Were I bioware, I wouldn't want ANY server to be considered a bad choice to play on.

Jundi's Avatar


Jundi
03.07.2012 , 02:04 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Paperbag_Hobo View Post
I don't really see how choosing a server at random when you first start this game can be construed as a "bad choice" on the part of a player. Were I bioware, I wouldn't want ANY server to be considered a bad choice to play on.
This ^
Jundi - Canderous Ordo - <MAYHEM>

FrostyDroid's Avatar


FrostyDroid
03.07.2012 , 02:10 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by catnipkiller View Post
When the new patch comes out they will force players to play 1-49 again with all classes
Which is exactly the way an RPG should be. About the story and character progression. It worked perfectly well for PnP RPGs. When your character became too powerful, they would retire and you would start a new character at first level.

MMO players and developers need to get rid of this idea of only playing one character for ever and ever. It's stupid and can only ever lead to boring repetition of the same content.

Play GW2 if you like, but unless it has systems in place to encourage people to play new characters it will only result in a rush to level cap followed by the same boring repetitive grind as all other MMOs.

Until players and developers break that trend, the MMO genre is dead.

I thought BioWare might do it, but in the end they bottled out and added "Operations" and "Illum PvP" instead of improving story replayability.
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
It's incredible because it is not true.
As for expectations, we've always said that are not making another Star Wars sandbox, we are creating a different game.
I quote Zoeller now. Zoeller quotes are cool.

DthBlayde's Avatar


DthBlayde
03.07.2012 , 02:26 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by FrostyDroid View Post

I thought BioWare might do it, but in the end they bottled out and added "Operations" and "Illum PvP" instead of improving story replayability.
Played through all 8 class stories already then I guess?

Lammio's Avatar


Lammio
03.07.2012 , 02:49 AM | #16
whine whine whine, buuuuuh, i wanna play GW2, buuuuh.

go away whiner, freaking babyseal.
Soon back! Hope to see all my friends ingame.

SNEAKYSIX's Avatar


SNEAKYSIX
03.07.2012 , 02:57 AM | #17
It does have its advantages on route to level 50... Im on a low server population and ive noticed the same names crop up from to time asking for hero mission help. Its great to pop up and say, hi again its me...... Small server pop for that reason alone is good.. I tried PvP for first time at average of 6.6fps... So PvP is now a lost part of the game for me... shame.
You've never heard of the Millennium Falcon?... It's the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs."
....

Evil-Jack-Sprat's Avatar


Evil-Jack-Sprat
03.07.2012 , 04:06 AM | #18
I quested my first char and only came across 5 Republicans the whole time (differant levels to me) and when i decided to make a smuggler i found the questing areas do not match up, so the chance of on world pvp basicly dose not exist. further more warzones (huttball yey) dont allow a true test of peoples skills as they have power ups and obsticle that suit some classes. Not much point having so many worlds if no one is using them. Teleporting to a battleground or warzone half way though a quest spoils the story and the feel of being in a starwars enviroment but this is what you must do to level fast and keep up with the jones. How could the DEV get it so wrong. the Dev's have stated in Q&A they want the fleets to be the central hub of the game.. Its a shame... PVP quests should send you to all parts of the galaxy and not just to Ilum. for people who have waited years for the game to launch it is a little disapointing. I also feel space mission do not allow for PVP and realy have no part in the story line either.