Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tips on Critting the Rakata Bracers/Waist?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Tips on Critting the Rakata Bracers/Waist?

revcrisis
03.04.2012 , 06:55 PM | #1
Using my 10k affection companion with its +5 synthweaving crit. I'm on my 8th try for the bracers and haven't hit it yet... kind of discouraged. I've heard that if you queue up 4 in a row with the same companion you might have a better chance of critting it. Is this true? What's the maximum amount of times anyone has crafted before critting? I feel like I might need 20 or 30 tries lol. So poor now.

Battilea
03.04.2012 , 07:18 PM | #2
You can queue up to 5 items to be made on a companion. But I highly, highly doubt that would have any impact on crit chance. That sort of thing would require special code and, well, would be silly and never find its way into a design doc.

SkuzBukit
03.04.2012 , 09:04 PM | #3
It's RNG, basically pot-luck.

I'm 0/30 on Rakata bracer crit (Armormech)

Have a guildy that it took 38 tries to crit his bracer.

Whole lotta farming HM's
Mercenary 55 | Assassin 50 | Marauder 50 | Sniper 50 | Operative 55 | Sorcerer 55 | Powertech 51 | Juggernaut 55
Gunslinger 55 | Guardian 55 | Sage 55 | Vanguard 55 | Scoundrel 27 | Commando 22 | Sentinel 22 | Shadow 21

Falkanos
03.04.2012 , 10:18 PM | #4
Yup just pick up lots of material and have all companions craft multiples of same schematic. usually within 10 to 15 I get crits on stuff,but being rakata purple it might take more ,but it is random.
The one the only Kowepounder! or cade' LOL

Alwaysx
03.04.2012 , 10:33 PM | #5
One tip is that you can RE them. It's quite rare to get a Biometric Alloy back (I don't have a good sample size to even guess a %), but it's certainly doable. I think I got 3-4 out of ~40 total crafts.

Also, the crit rate isn't as bad as people make it out to be. A lot of people exaggerate the numbers at which they were unsuccessful (as they do for BM bags), and the crit rate seems to be same as for every other craft. I did it for all 4 Rakata bracers/belts for my AC and it took ~35 alloys total.

revcrisis
03.05.2012 , 08:53 AM | #6
On my 12th bracer and I think I'm going to just give up. Or maybe I'll give the belt a shot. Getting a biometric crystal back is probably around 2/10 as I've received 2 back so far from RE. I don't get how so many people seem to be critting within the first few tries. :\. Regardless, this is one massively expensive endeavor.

Amadei
03.05.2012 , 10:25 AM | #7
Looking at these numbers I feel extremely lucky.

1/1 on Rakata Relic
1/1 on Rakata bracers
1/17 on Rakata Belt

dropped and moved on to biochem now for my stims (but after reading about the upcoming patch i have a feeling my alt is going to go back to being a synthweaver to craft gear for my main).

crendelmac
03.06.2012 , 03:36 PM | #8
I'm pretty sure I got EXTREMELY lucky when i crafted my one and only Nieman Master's Primary Lightsaber and got the aug slot. (which I immediately dismantled my HM saber to add the guts to it!) Bought my offhand Nieman saber with aug slot from a guy that obviously had no idea of the worth for 150k... WOOT!

Now, just waiting for 1.2 so I can gut the hilt out of my 2 rakata sabers to make these things fully Beast-Mode!

As for the Rakata gear, I'm still trying to crit my relic. Not so lucky...

Flying-Brian
03.06.2012 , 07:20 PM | #9
It's all just luck.
I was very lucky in critting my belt and bracers on the 1st try on each one.

Snakeyees
03.07.2012 , 12:07 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by revcrisis View Post
Using my 10k affection companion with its +5 synthweaving crit. I'm on my 8th try for the bracers and haven't hit it yet... kind of discouraged. I've heard that if you queue up 4 in a row with the same companion you might have a better chance of critting it. Is this true? What's the maximum amount of times anyone has crafted before critting? I feel like I might need 20 or 30 tries lol. So poor now.
I also used my 10k companion. I critted by bracers on my very first try, it then took 18 belts and over 2 mil in credits buying mats from GTN to get a critted belt.

I wish you luck right now its a gamble.
Asro Miraluka, Jedi Guardian Level 50 Veteran of Squadron 367 Server: Bergen Colony
--->.