Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can't set resolution to 1600x900

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Can't set resolution to 1600x900

Khelir
12.15.2011 , 06:21 PM | #1
I have a wide-screen monitor that only looks decent when I use this resolution. When I try to apply this resolution in game the screen goes black for a long time and then it reverts back to 1024x768, which looks stretched and terrible on my monitor.

Any suggestions? I played during the Thanksgiving weekend beta and didn't have this problem. I've already tried updating my video drivers.

renegadeimp
12.15.2011 , 06:22 PM | #2
Post your dxdiag log.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

Blodwras
12.15.2011 , 06:24 PM | #3

Khelir
12.15.2011 , 06:38 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
Post your dxdiag log.
I don't know what that means. The other threat doesn't seem to have any solutions that have worked for me, but thanks for linking it.

Velcio
12.15.2011 , 06:56 PM | #5
Edit the .ini files with a text editor (wordpad should work).
found in the C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\sett ings or whatever it is for you. Try editing client_settings.ini and Graphics_Mirror.ini to have the correct values for your resolution. The reason why you can't change resolution is because it prompts you to accept, and gets to your changed resolution too slowly to make a response, thus reverting to your original resolution.

Khelir
12.15.2011 , 07:09 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Velcio View Post
Edit the .ini files with a text editor (wordpad should work).
found in the C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\sett ings or whatever it is for you. Try editing client_settings.ini and Graphics_Mirror.ini to have the correct values for your resolution. The reason why you can't change resolution is because it prompts you to accept, and gets to your changed resolution too slowly to make a response, thus reverting to your original resolution.
This worked. Thank you so much!

Wolfshadowz
12.15.2011 , 08:21 PM | #7
Where do you find the Graphics_Mirror.ini file i am unable to locate it?

Rockerfox
12.15.2011 , 08:48 PM | #8
That's funny, mine won't change to anything else :P