Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Biochem

xhalcyon
12.15.2011 , 07:31 PM | #1
I was all excited when I RE'd some purple pots/buffs but then I realised I can't sell them to other players for credits.

Other crafting skills like Armormech/Armstech etc can sell their purples to other players.

I realise that this means I can have an advantage (medpacs etc) that others cannot have, but at the same time, it really gimps Biochemists of a money making avenue.

Discuss?

mmsock
12.15.2011 , 07:57 PM | #2
Every profession should have unique items that only the crafter can use, so the best pots only for yourself isn't that a big issue to me. People will use products you can sell, and you make implants that everyone will want also.

Claymaniac
12.15.2011 , 08:13 PM | #3
You really don't want reusable medpacs to be available to everyone. Cause if you do, then once everyone has them, other medpacs get devalued greatly. Most people would not bother spending a ton of credits on 1 time use medpacs that heal for 1000 with a 500 HoT, when they can have an unlimited use medpac that heals for 1000.

Essentially what it would do is devalue the burst heal of all the medpacs and make them mainly HoT items. I'd rather be able to sell multiple medpacs all the time, than find myself severely limited in that regard thanks to my own product.
Skeksis: Jedi Sage on Prophecy of the Five. P5 FTW!!!

killerwookie
12.15.2011 , 08:21 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Claymaniac View Post
You really don't want reusable medpacs to be available to everyone. Cause if you do, then once everyone has them, other medpacs get devalued greatly. Most people would not bother spending a ton of credits on 1 time use medpacs that heal for 1000 with a 500 HoT, when they can have an unlimited use medpac that heals for 1000.

Essentially what it would do is devalue the burst heal of all the medpacs and make them mainly HoT items. I'd rather be able to sell multiple medpacs all the time, than find myself severely limited in that regard thanks to my own product.
I agree.

Although on 1st appearance it seems we are losing out on being able to sell a high value item, what it actually means is that everyone else is still reliant upon our consummerable items...and will have to keep coming back and buying more.

The beauty of the re-usable med-pack is, once we have it, we dont need to keep using our own supplies to keep ourselves with healing options. Meaning even more profit for us

It makes us the perfect medication 'dealers'