Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.1.5 Speeder piloting prices

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
1.1.5 Speeder piloting prices
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

PlonsDeKikker
03.06.2012 , 06:29 AM | #1
hi all,

I may be mistaking, however I thought i read somewhere that with patch 1.1.5 the cost of tier 1 and 2 speeder piloting (the license) would drop. So I postponed buying it a couple of days and i thought it would drop. It still costs 40k however. Someone any ideas to what happened?

http://www.swtor.com/blog/economic-changes-patch-1.1.5

greetz

Soulis
03.06.2012 , 06:57 AM | #2
I think it was just tier 3, that the price was being reduced. Thats all that was mentioned at the guild summit yesterday.

PlonsDeKikker
03.06.2012 , 07:06 AM | #3
i thought the same after following the guild summit yesterday, though i read the following in the link i posted earlier.

"After several months of deliberation, the Republic Senate's Committee on Transportation and Public Safety has passed new regulations that, among other things, adjust the cost of speeder licenses. Once these regulations are signed by the Supreme Chancellor in the coming weeks, prices for Tier I and Tier II speeder licenses across the galaxy are expected to see a significant decline. To help offset the loss of revenue generated by these licenses, taxes on all models of Tier III speeders will be significantly increased once the new regulation takes effect.

Critics claim that the resolution will only add to the serious strain on the Republic’s finances, while others see this as a vain attempt to keep on pace with the Imperial Transportation Authority, which recently passed a similar law."

strange not?

Alynore
03.06.2012 , 07:07 AM | #4
Okay, tricky wording

{Once these regulations are signed by the Supreme Chancellor in the coming weeks, prices for Tier I and Tier II speeder licenses across the galaxy are expected to see a significant decline.}

Doesnt mean cheaper license, just a fancy way of saying they are increasing tier 3

Tatumsa
03.06.2012 , 07:16 AM | #5
I read it as the price going down, as they say "prices" not volume sold.

jsalemi
03.06.2012 , 07:56 AM | #6
1.1.5 reduced the cost of the most expensive speeders (from 1.5mil to 1mil). I believe the reduction in license costs is planned for 1.2 (which is how I interpret what's been said, anyway).

Elladan
03.06.2012 , 08:47 AM | #7
I interpreted this as prices for Tier I and II speeder skill going down, and in order to make up for those losses, the price for Tier III training going up.

Edit: Now that I re-read this, I see this more as the price for the level III skill staying the same, but the prices of the actual Tier III speeders going up.

Edit to the Edit: The patch notes actually say the opposite though:
•Several high end speeder models have been temporarily reduced in price until Game Update 1.2.
Hieronymous - Sith Assassin (Darkness).
Bas - IA Sniper "Just because she's a Jedi doesn't mean you can't catch something. You know that, right?"

wainot-keel
03.06.2012 , 09:08 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Elladan View Post
I interpreted this as prices for Tier I and II speeder skill going down, and in order to make up for those losses, the price for Tier III training going up.

lol, kind of what i understood myself. but i checked and the skill for tier 2 is still 210k

oh, well....

ROSS-
03.06.2012 , 03:29 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
lol, kind of what i understood myself. but i checked and the skill for tier 2 is still 210k

oh, well....
tier 3 hasn't changed

Reinyan
03.08.2012 , 11:43 AM | #10
I'd like to have an answer on this myself. The wording appeared to be straightforward to me... Tiers I and II were getting a reduction and Tier III is getting an increase.

That said, I only see this mentioned in this particular article (albeit in its own "announcement" within the article), and not in the patch notes, or in practice since the patch.

Wonder if this was "de-scoped" at the last minute?
Reinyan - Sith Marauder, Alea Iacta Est Vox, Keller's Void