Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Launcher Immediately Crashes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Launcher Immediately Crashes

Monolithic_Hero
12.15.2011 , 08:11 PM | #1
So I've been trying to fix my installation problems without resorting to starting a new thread but I just can't take this **** anymore and I need to ask for help.

I've downloaded the setup.exe from them website here and installed the launcher just fine, but when I tell my computer to run the launcher.exe nothing happens. I've checked the system processes log and it looks like the launcher runs for maybe half a second before just stopping. It's not as though it were just frozen in the background, it just completely crashes and stops running.

So far as I can tell people have not created a thread about this exact problem, and god knows customer support isn't going to help me out. If any of you can think of what may be causing this I would really appreciate it.

Acclaimed
12.15.2011 , 08:16 PM | #2
There are several threads about this. I've got the same thing. Did all my system updates. Updated direct x, if you click on the launcher's tool button you can repair the launcher...I did that but still nothing.

Win 7 Ultimate
Quad core AMD
8gigs ram
8800 GT nVidia

Monolithic_Hero
12.15.2011 , 08:18 PM | #3
I've seen other threads about the launcher not running correctly or crashing part of the way through, maybe I missed the one on this exact problem. thanks.

DeltaRhoKTCF
12.15.2011 , 08:18 PM | #4
Check your video card/specs. I had to upgrade my video card from the onboard graphics because my onboard video didn't support Shader 3.0. In my case, the launcher appeared to work, and I could login, but as soon as it would transfer control to the SWTOR executable, it would crash. I had a friend who has an older video card that isn't supported - and he had the same symptoms as you (launcher crashed).

Go here: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

and let the ActiveX control test out your system to verify you meet the minimum requirements. If you do, then sorry I couldn't be more help -- but hey, at least someone is trying to help right? Best wishes.