Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Customer Service? Must be a joke

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
SWTOR Customer Service? Must be a joke

AlberoNerd
12.15.2011 , 08:00 PM | #1
What you are giving is not a service. It is only a disservice. I understand you must be busy at that time, but you are not anwsering mails, you barely give a reply on forum posts and tell just the same thing over and over again.

I need my account unlocked.
I need to change my security questions.
I am calling the customer service all day long and NOT once, not even once, they accepted my call.

Now, dear sirs, what should I do? It seems your service is not working.
Give me another way to unlock my account, please!

FinalJedi
12.15.2011 , 08:01 PM | #2
iv been trying all day myself

AssociateGodfrey
12.15.2011 , 08:02 PM | #3
If they made it easier to unlock your account, it may make it too easy. As in, someone who was not you could unlock it and use it maliciously.

As for customer service... they're more swamped than the x-wing in episode V was when it landed and sunk into Dagobah. Sucks.
"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
-Adeptus Astartes Librarian Proverb

AlberoNerd
12.15.2011 , 08:03 PM | #4
Give us another way to get back our accounts!

mmjarec
12.15.2011 , 08:04 PM | #5
why again is your account locked? you forgot your security questions? or did you get a bug or a server/website problem on their part?

i made sure i wouldnt lock myself out by actually knowing my security question answers so really, if you got locked out for that, its your own fault. but.. neither of us are going to get thru if people dont stop calling about stupid things that csrs cant even fix. which, security they can, but, its stupid to make you call to fix the problem especially during early entry. make it go live to have to call them on launch, not early entry.

you realize the message says "unexpected" call volume? does that not sound a bit naive and unprepared after their careful calculation and work in beta?

my question is, how do you *NOT* expect high call volume, they saw the pre order figured and sales estimates. it baffles me how you cannot expect high call volume.

AlberoNerd
12.15.2011 , 08:05 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by AssociateGodfrey View Post
If they made it easier to unlock your account, it may make it too easy. As in, someone who was not you could unlock it and use it maliciously.

As for customer service... they're more swamped than the x-wing in episode V was when it landed and sunk into Dagobah. Sucks.
Too easy? I will answer the other four questions. They are there for a reason! Isn't that safe enough? That, plus the fact that I am using my mail! This is usually enough for 99,9% of online accounts.

Tylorin
12.15.2011 , 08:05 PM | #7
Almost same problem, but when they awnsered and i say hello, they hang up on my face...

lucasomega
12.15.2011 , 08:07 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Tylorin View Post
Almost same problem, but when they awnsered and i say hello, they hang up on my face...
That must have hurt. I'm still trying to master causing someone physical harm over the phone.
I shot first.

AlberoNerd
12.15.2011 , 08:07 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Tylorin View Post
What number did you call? I tried more than 5 numbers and they all give the same message, but maybe there are others.

AssociateGodfrey
12.15.2011 , 08:08 PM | #10
I don't know why they didn't get more customer service people (even if it is temporary for the launch to get through it). But if you feel like you've been cheated, get a refund.

I'm toughing it out just like I did with Star Wars Galaxies.
"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
-Adeptus Astartes Librarian Proverb