Ship Droid Affection... Seriously?

Meldwyn

Don't get me wrong here, I am not a hater... but, ship droid affection? That was a priority?

I have only ever seen posts about killing, spacing, parting out, etc... the ship droid. Who wanted affection and more time with that tin can and his high pitched annoying voice? To what end, I ask... to what end?

:) :)

Don't get me wrong here, I am not a hater... but, ship droid affection? That was a priority?

I have only ever seen posts about killing, spacing, parting out, etc... the ship droid. Who wanted affection and more time with that tin can and his high pitched annoying voice? To what end, I ask... to what end?

the droid fails more often than not due to its lowered affection.. for this i am happy.

Aren't they kind of revamping the droid?

Adding new gear and abilities for/to it?

My guess would be classes who don't get a second companion until late in the story line. If you are blessed to get your second companion after Balmorra for instance you can aggressively level your class skills which means more beneficial items for you. It's a detriment to classes who get them late. Sending only the droid out is slow and leads to a lot of fails because of the lack of affection.

My guess would be classes who don't get a second companion until late in the story line. If you are blessed to get your second companion after Balmorra for instance you can aggressively level your class skills which means more beneficial items for you. It's a detriment to classes who get them late. Sending only the droid out is slow and leads to a lot of fails because of the lack of affection.

Ahhh

I guess I never noticed. I would either send my current companion out while I was in a place I didn't need them, or just used the ship droid and let the results be the results. (mind you, I cringed having to click to send him out, knowing his annoying voice and silly comments were awaiting me upon his return)

I think it's about time that you can make the Droid gain affection since it will affect his ability to heal (which I never use him for anyways) but more importantly, it will fasten his crafting/mission-fetching time significantly.

Check out http://www.dulfy.net

There's a pretty nifty chart that says that once your companions all have 10,000/10,000 affection, crafting and mission-fetching time is reduced by 17%. Now say you have a companion that has a +5 in Biochem and you also have 10k/10k affection, you'd have a total of 22% decrease crafting/mission-fetching time. Very useful for crafting those annoying blue items (especially if Biochem for those blue rakata stims).

at level 50 you get 6 companions and 5 can go out. while questing i can have 5 people collecting mats or crafting and 1 companion playing with me... so ya i use him for crafting in a sense...its logical

There's the answer then!

Well, I guess they could include affection for the droid or not have his crafting be impacted by affection. I just can't seriously think of having him with me for extended periods of time while trying to grow his affection for me... shutters....

Priority of changes to the game, whether bug fixes or new features, are determined by a combination of need, ease of implementation, number of users affected, and potential for unintended consequences. This is a change that ranks low in terms of need, but is easy to implement, affects all users, and has little potential for unintended consequence.

There's the answer then!

Well, I guess they could include affection for the droid or not have his crafting be impacted by affection. I just can't seriously think of having him with me for extended periods of time while trying to grow his affection for me... shutters....

buy his love with companion gifts.. thats all it takes:P

If you get to 10,000 / 10,000 he shows you where the mute button is.

The price of droid bobbles will sky-rocket.

Might pay real dollars for that! As a matter of fact, mark my words, this is the next "gold farmer" service they will be offering...

Will grow companion affection to 10K for 3 easy payments of $19.99 (ship droid - $25x3 - even gold farmers have ears)